Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Pirata Nervo Offline
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Oh god..

This kind of threads is becoming ridiculous imo
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2010 10:16 PM by Pirata Nervo.)
07-15-2010 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
faviouz Offline
The guy is just doing his job. I don't think he did anything wrong.

If he did, guess what: he's a human. People make mistakes.
07-16-2010 12:44 AM
Lich_king2 Offline
Eh... I don't see the point here, not like in OTHER cases.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
07-16-2010 03:20 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
(07-15-2010 05:18 PM)MattR Wrote:  This is the problem. You never give anybody a chance to explain themselves or do anything to solve problems, you just kick off straight away.

Its the other way around.

(07-15-2010 05:18 PM)MattR Wrote:  I don't know why people feel the need to question every moderation action we take but often within seconds of a thread being closed or unapproved, someone's in the MyBB.com forum making a thread complaining. I truly don't understand what you don't get about this or why you have to make such a fuss over everything like this. A thread gets unapproved or closed and people shout and scream as though we've committed some crime whilst moderating our own forum. Deal with things properly and you'll be much better off.

I think some people just need to chill the hell down. Things get blown way, way out of proportion after people start ranting and raving that they're being silenced, it's no good to anybody.

MyBB has always tried to control other peoples right to free speech.

I can't even count the amount of threads deleted anymore on MyBB...

There are many threads that are put up  by us members that are harmless. How it is hurting anybody or MyBB? The "threads" we put up aren't abusive nor hurtfull and some of you whom run the Team at MyBB forum is running it fast to the ground and control what everybody else says even though it hurts no one.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 06:22 AM by Technoman.)
07-16-2010 04:58 AM
exdiogene Offline
I have really enjoyed reading your response Yumi, as i have already replied to Matt in a PM, i already tried the private Message method to get in touch with few staff members in most cases they either tell you that their decision is final and never try to evaluate your own point of view guided by decades of experiences. Or they simply do not reply anymore to your PMs even if they tell you that they are working on a solution and give you other things to reply to...

So if the "human" and "private" way is not working, mostly because the interlocutors are too immature or hypocrite to simply respond to your honest and constructive questions, making you wait for weeks and months for nothing, then you are left with only more drastic measures if the greater good of a community is your goal.

If i did not cared about MyBB.com i would simply not loose my time( $ ) babbling about issues. But i actually care because if the MyBB.com project fall down because its staff was not enough aware of the consequences of leaving ungrowned childreen in to powerfull positions and damaging the good spirit of a forum, then MyBB and all the people making a small living of it would die with it.

As Yumi wrote, the last platform for complaining about MyBB is the Media and i would add the whole Internet. If there is no possibility to have a grownup discussion in private to solve major issues, that could rise to illegal writings and incitations to delinquance, and if it is also impossible to voice our growing concerns publicely in the only proper forum on MyBB, then the MyBB cause is out of hand and we should just leave it die by itself. If Chris Boulton is too irresponsible to interveen to save his past years of investisment and leave these things destroy his work, because he is too implicated in his new career or is beeing now uninterested about the MyBB project, then he should be replaced with a more dedicated person that will do what is needed to cleanup the staff and put MyBB in the right path for becoming a professionnal and reliable application for mature audience and not just for poor kids!

I know no city counsel or association governed only by people between 13 and 25 years old. If I am told again that it is because MyBB have no choices, because no grownup would be interested in giving their time for free to help the community, i will respond that as long as kids are foolng around with no consequences like posting a thread about people liking to eat people flesh and the staff participating in it and having fun; for sure no adults with common sense would be interested to be part of a so crackpot community!

Staff would rather listen to the growing pain actually inside your community and making all good sense people to leave it, i will probably be one of them soon. But i have enough considerations to try with more drastic methods to wake up the possible sleeping good sense inside some staff people before doing a more dramatic move.

I hope that these few lines of comments would help many people to understand that adolescents would still be adolescents for many generations, contesting everything and always asking more than they can chew. This is the actual direction token by MyBB this last year...

Sincerely,

Exdiogene
07-16-2010 05:14 AM
Pirata Nervo Offline
This forum has become a place to report what MyBB is doing wrong rather than a place where zinga supports his plugins.
I know that's the purpose of this section but still I find it funny Tongue

I completely agree with exdiogene.
07-16-2010 05:20 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Zinga nice comment
Exdiogene well said
Pirata nice reply

Us MyBB members we just simply want answers, deleting us, blocking us, closing us, ignoring us is not helping us.  

Alot of this is to do with MyBB being uncivil and we are just wanting answers, the only thing degrating is MyBB members are loosing trust.

Why not tell us the truth Ryan Loos or Ryan Gordan as to why we have no say? It would be much better than causing members to be more angry and dissapointed. It seems like now there is never a begining to ending with MyBB Team and this is what the NEW MyBB calls the advanced NEW marketing ploy?

I think MyBB is using what we call the bait and switch.

So hey Mr.MyBB Admin why don't you listen to us for once we are your true members on Zinga's forum whom most of us are honest and loyal to MyBB.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 06:16 AM by Technoman.)
07-16-2010 06:13 AM
morpia Offline
I think he needs to hit the road. I wasn't involved in any of the above, so I can't comment on that, but he surely doesn't know how to moderate.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 09:48 AM by morpia.)
07-16-2010 09:47 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Seems Bob Jansen is starting to warn me in PM <im sure I will get banned soon if MyBB Staff dont get involved>

[Image: myfirstwarningfrombobja.jpg]

No, I reported him for closing your thread "morpia" and how he mentions for you to respect your fellow members..

You were just asking how to stop spiders from indexing your webpages, seems that some of the brats of MyBB were trying to make a fight with you instead of tryign to help you as fellow members. But BOB JANSEN was stating it was your fault Yes  I was backing you up if that clarrifies about my warning given to me from BOB JANSEN.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-73537-p...http://community.mybb.com/thread-73537-post-536710.html
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 10:09 AM by Technoman.)
07-16-2010 09:50 AM
exdiogene Offline
Be informed that i was also a victim of Bob Jansen retaliations for clicking the report button about his action on morpia thread. The worst is that i exactly done what Matt Rogowski told me to do for beeing able to track Bobs posts and actions.

I do not accept a "20% warning" punishment just for helping another staff member and following his recommandation...

Aww
07-16-2010 11:15 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools