Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Lich_king2 Offline
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
(07-17-2010 09:41 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote:  lol @ technoman response, I can't really be bothered to quote it right now. It looks like this forum has become your personal blog for when you disagree with someone at MyBB.

I'll also say what I hate about the MyBB team. I agree with some people here that freedom of speech is something that does not exist on MyBB, or at least it does not exist on some occasions.
Don't tell me it's because of the thread getting out of control because it's not. I've seen many threads being closed for no reason, even when someone was talking to a staff member and then the staff member suddenly closed the thread leaving the user without permissions to respond
This is really frustrating and stupid in my opinion. Don't ask me for examples because I can't be bothered to go there and search.

This is probably the thing I hate the most on the MyBB team.
As for the community, I really have no patience to be part of a community where probably 90% of it is younger than 16 (<= 15) which is exactly the most terrible age of teenagers.

I'm also tired of hearing people saying the team is corrupted by paid plugin authors, because most of the users who say this just do not like developers to sell plugins only because they do not have money to pay for them or just for the sake of it!
[sarcasm]And because I could care less [/sarcasm] I will no longer sell plugins once MyBB 1.6 is out (except plugins like MyDownloads or other plugins which allow admins to sell things) and only give support to subscribers.

And if people do not like that I won't support my plugins to non subscribers, I say **** it. I'm tired of all this and if people keep complaining I'll just leave MyBB and move to something else. A hobby is not supposed to be a nightmare but it is what all this has become now.

Excuse me, but we're using open source software and not some half-payed crapware. MyBB is great platform. But hear my words, if I want to buy something, I want to buy a script or system. Sorry, this isn't Iphone where you can charge for apps. I don't want in any way to sponsor some kid and to give him money for developing some plugins that are built on the open source system. Sorry but recent MyBB license change showed me who has the last word there and what kind of people are running it.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2010 12:30 AM by Lich_king2.)
07-18-2010 12:27 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen - Lich_king2 - 07-18-2010 12:27 AM

Standard Tools