Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Pirata Nervo Offline
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
(07-18-2010 05:32 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  So, if I get you right, being member of FOSS community equals to being mental sick? Sorry those guys contributed a lot to the software freedom.
Uhhh not sure what you got that from but okay.

(07-18-2010 05:32 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  Oh and Pirata: Yeah but that means that anyone that gets your plugin can redistribute them for free since they are under GPL license Wink
And you are completely right! And they can even sell them for 10x times the original price as long as it remains GPL. This is the GPL spirit.

(07-18-2010 06:47 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  The interesting thing is that someone said he can't hack at all. Now let's see. He knows MyBB core better than most people (except Zinga which has knowledge even beyond his). He codes plugins hacking vital parts of MyBB. He has hacking forum which is running MyBB plus he sometimes reports security issues. Think about it. That board (he) is just unnecessary evil bounded to MyBB.

This seems like I do not agree with you at all and that I'm just here to reply to your posts but I am not but I found this kinda curious.

Notice that I understood that by "he" you were referring to "labrocca". I apologies if you weren't.

Just because labrocca might be able to hack websites, it doesn't mean it's bad. I can hack websites myself if I want to.
A good developer should know how to hack websites because in order to prevent yourself from hackers, you must understand their mind and the security holes they'd try to find and use.
Knowing how to hack is not a bad thing, being a hacker might not be a bad thing either if what you do has no damage implicated.

The problem is that kids usually do not have this perception of things and prefer to search google for hacking tutorials or something like that and use them even though they might have no idea of what they're doing (sometimes it works!).
07-18-2010 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen - Pirata Nervo - 07-18-2010 07:23 PM

Standard Tools