Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Harry Offline
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
(07-20-2010 06:29 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  Common law is a laughing matter here . Civil law is far better than that excuse for system. Also according to our law if MyBB was to go to court, the management would be transferred temporary to other persons. Oh and the best thing to do would (Too bad it's hard to happen, but would be awesome) be to offer the whole community on sale, so that real management can buy IR to MyBB and make the better software out of it. Also it's time to give Labrocca a bit of his own medicine that's he's been giving others for almost 3 years. Also he has his own game store, he should be running it and making it better instead trying to make people think differently. I can guarantee that someone of his followers or he himself will come here to defend themselves. Remember, if they are right, they don't need to worry than, which is exactly what they are doing because they are not right.
Labrocca Wrote:I read all 17 pages and mainly this looks like a misunderstanding. However I think it's a shame that a poll at Zinga's site lead to the loss of a staff member. I've never noticed Bob being a problem at any point. He should not have imho lost his position because of it. Too bad Zinga didn't lock that thread early for it's potential drama and negative slurring of a staff member. IMHO it would have been the respectful thing to do.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-73845-page-3.html
What 17 pages? An obvious lie is obvious. Just as the whole issue with MyBB payed plugins. The most respectful thing to do when someone,something is against you? I don't think so Mr. MyBB community should  unite and request that the sites offering paid plugins should closed down and those plugins offered as a part of MyBB mods pool. (Free external plugins excluded) be only on the main site. Punto. This would lead to less paid plugins which is the best solution. To tell you the truth I'm sick of paid authors tirany in plugin scene and I believe a lot of other users are too.

Couple of things..
PAID Plugins are allowed even under the current GPL. So no they cannot force people to close their sites. That would be wrong to do..
Also the plan is to remove the paid stuff off of mybb.com once they get the system in working order.  

No comment on the rest as that is really none of my business as i was not involved in the situation. As mentioned before i think mybb should just get regular moderators to moderate the community forums so the other team members can do what they were brought there to do be it develop, support, sqa or whatever. Far too much time gets wasted on this drama crap that would be better suited for moderators.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 01:27 AM by Harry.)
07-21-2010 01:25 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen - Harry - 07-21-2010 01:25 AM

Standard Tools