Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Re: Post Content
leefish Offline
Hamster
Re: Post Content
This is something that has bugged me forever on MYBB postbits. I like having the header with the post content in the first post, but all that Re: bla bla in the subsequent posts is really annoying.

I help out another forum, and one of the most prolific posters can't spell for toffee - it would be easy to say use a spell check but she manages to use real words in the course of her misspelling.

Example: Her latest post was supposed to be Forum Manager - she puts Forum Manger. Now we have like ten posted replies all with Re: Forum Manger congratulating the new Manager.....gah. So not only do I have to edit the original "manger" post but all the posts in reply as well.

I was trying to use Xthreads to fix the postbit on all forums - without affecting the first post, as I want to keep the post content on the first post - to get rid of this post content. However, I did not want to force the postbit layout - some users like the horizontal, others the classic. Is this possible?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2010 09:18 PM by leefish.)
07-27-2010 09:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: Re: Post Content
I'm sorry if I don't understand what you mean, Lee.

So, in the forum, there is a thread with Forum Manger title. And all replies to the thread are RE: Forum Manger. So, do you want to change all the title to Forum Manager with XThreads?

07-28-2010 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
Hi RateU, no, I want to stop the Re: in the replies......... look at your post above mine, its says "Re: Re: PostContent" . Mine will do it too. I only want it to show the post content in the first post, but I dont want to force the postbit layout.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
07-28-2010 04:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
If you want to do it in template level, I think the easiest way is just replace the {$post['subject']} in postbit and postbit_classic template with {$thread['subject']}? Unfortunately, if the replier change the reply subject, the new reply subject will be "changed" to thread subject automatically.

07-28-2010 05:05 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I shall try that RateU. Of course, I guess that if the thread subject is spelled wrong then all the replies will be wrong too. I may just delete it out entirely.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
07-28-2010 08:51 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(07-28-2010 08:51 AM)leefish Wrote:  I may just delete it out entirely.
Probably what I'd do.  With quick reply, no-one changes the title anyway, so it's pretty pointless... (unless you force full replies to get people to enter in titles).

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 06:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
07-28-2010 06:45 PM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
The same question was asked over on MyBB a few days back but the solution did not help for me so how do we get rid of it in the Re-post-text altogether?

[Image: postcontent.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2010 10:45 AM by Technoman.)
07-29-2010 10:04 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Thats easy to do. Go in the post bit and remove the div with post content in it (just above post message). Its going to get rid of ALL of them though, including first post.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
07-29-2010 10:44 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Ok, but can you explain to me what line of code altogther to remove?
I really dont mind removing it in all the post cause it shows above the users name in the very first post.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2010 10:49 AM by Technoman.)
07-29-2010 10:48 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools