Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
 link directory...can someone make this?
Shemo Offline
RE: link directory...can someone make this?
rateu,

I recently changed the name of a category from shaving blogs to shaving blogs & websites and for some reason, the category is still showing as shaving blogs as seen in this screenshot:

I've made the changes to the link category custom thread field plus changed the text in xtldirmost_forumdisplay_threadlist and xtldir_forumdisplay_threadlist and template to show as this:

Code:
<tr>
					<td class="trow1">
						<strong><a href="{$forumurl_q}filtertf_xtldcat=Shaving Blogs & Websites">Shaving Blogs & Websites</a></strong>
						<div class="smalltext">Links For Shaving Blogs & Websites</div>
					</td>
				</tr>

any reason why it's still only showing up as shaving blogs?

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2011 04:05 PM by Shemo.)
11-13-2011 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Do a template search.  If you can't find it, search all files.

My Blog
11-13-2011 04:25 PM
Shemo Offline
(11-13-2011 04:25 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Do a template search.  If you can't find it, search all files.

did a template search for "shaving blog" and it returned both of the same templates that I mentioned earlier and both had the necessary changes that I could see.  how do you search all files in mybb?
11-14-2011 07:08 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Use a text editor.  Download all files, use something like Notepad++ and search all files.

My Blog
11-14-2011 07:50 AM
Shemo Offline
(11-14-2011 07:50 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Use a text editor.  Download all files, use something like Notepad++ and search all files.

that's what I thought you were talking about...

why would I search all of the files when the issue I'm having is from template edits?
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 09:50 AM by Shemo.)
11-14-2011 09:49 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
If you believe it's from template edits, then find the template responsible and fix it.
Have you even tried tracing it down at all?

My Blog
11-14-2011 02:29 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Shemo - maybe it is your cache. This happens to me a lot on Opera.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
11-14-2011 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
@ Shemo: I don't know whether the thread in your screenshot (Shaving 101) already exists or not before you change the category.
If it is already exists, try to create a new thread as test thread, and select that category.
If the category displayed on the test thread is the same as the new category name ('shaving blogs & websites'), maybe you need to update all threads that use the old category ('shaving blogs'), you can use Custom Moderator Tools to mass update it.
Before you mass update it, try to filter threads using the new category first, whether it will filter the test thread or not.

11-15-2011 01:38 AM
Shemo Offline
(11-14-2011 02:29 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  If you believe it's from template edits, then find the template responsible and fix it.
Have you even tried tracing it down at all?

yes I have.

(11-14-2011 07:21 PM)leefish Wrote:  Shemo - maybe it is your cache. This happens to me a lot on Opera.

I have my browser set to clear all history, cookies, and the cache upon closing the browser.

(11-15-2011 01:38 AM)RateU Wrote:  @ Shemo: I don't know whether the thread in your screenshot (Shaving 101) already exists or not before you change the category.
If it is already exists, try to create a new thread as test thread, and select that category.
If the category displayed on the test thread is the same as the new category name ('shaving blogs & websites'), maybe you need to update all threads that use the old category ('shaving blogs'), you can use Custom Moderator Tools to mass update it.
Before you mass update it, try to filter threads using the new category first, whether it will filter the test thread or not.

the issue was (and I figured this out last night when adding a new site to the directory) is exactly as you described.  what I did was modify the category after already adding a few links in the "old" category.  there wasn't many so I just went through and manually edited them.

is there a way xthreads can run a check on this and update the categories?
11-15-2011 07:58 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(11-15-2011 07:58 AM)Shemo Wrote:  what I did was modify the category after already adding a few links in the "old" category.  there wasn't many so I just went through and manually edited them.
Sometimes the '&' char will give you a query URI? Maybe you need to try to filter using the new category name?

(11-15-2011 07:58 AM)Shemo Wrote:  is there a way xthreads can run a check on this and update the categories?
Yumi/ZiNgA already added a new feature (for the next XThreads version) to make us easier to manage our category/filter name (update/edit) for our XThreads applications.
Basically, we can edit/change the category name whenever we want. Because we can use "key" and "value" for each value inside our Value Lists, similar to an array.
We can make it works together with the Formatting Map List setting.
For your case above, you only need to edit the "value" for that category.

More info about it:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=635&pid=93

And the commit:
https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-M...https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin/commit/d02c71b45f74a2fbc0f79ba753407f

11-15-2011 08:58 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools