MyBB.com Attention to All Members
exdiogene Offline
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members
Matt,

I am receiving at least 250 emails, 80 PMs and 60 posts to take care off each week. Even if i am developping software most of the week, i never took more than 48 hours to reply to any of them, with 1 or 2 exceptions in the last 5 years!

This is a mature and professionnal way of behaving, like returning a phone call to someone having left a voice-mail message in less than 48 hours is considered a well-behave social trait. But it seem that some young people have different ways to look at life and social behaviors...

How many hours should i personnally take to constantly remind someone of the fact that he did not respond to my message? How many messages should i send to remind him that i am waiting an answer? How long should i wait before understanding that he do not care to reply in a civilized amount of time or reply at all?

Like i wrote precedently, sending PMs to MyBB staff is not working properly and should not be an obligation stated in a new set of rules just for a hidden motive to cut communication with the complaining community members...

Also, it takes me a lot longer, as a french canadian, to write you in good english my full page PM than it take you to respond with a few lines. And i did not considered the welfare of MyBB future to be trivial, as you wrote...

Frown

P.S. Just to be clear i wrote "Honestly, i was trusting you to be a fair and honest staff member, now i am quite worried to have been mistaken..." and your comment "Claiming I'm not fair and honest because I've not replied is just not fair, not replying to a PM does not amount to dishonesty or unfairness." was not based on what I wrote because i wrote that "i am quite worried to have been mistaken". You should not jump to your guns on an accusation that was not formulated! And contrarely to what you believe a fair and honest person will always return his calls and respond to his messages in less than 48 hours, unless something urgent came in the way. Anyway it will never be extended to over two weeks...

P.P.S. Thank you for finally responding to my PM of 07-25-2010, 10:30 AM, i am still waiting your comments on the previous one of 07-19-2010, 04:01 PM, where i was "applauding" your recent actions and I also wait your final answer to the last PM i sent you this morning...
08-01-2010 05:28 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members - exdiogene - 08-01-2010 05:28 AM

Standard Tools