MyBB.com Attention to All Members
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members
@exdiogene

Hmm, taking into account that you are a French canadian perhaps you are not fully aware that your remarks based on being "fair and honest" can be perceived as a personal attack by the recipient. Not answering a PM/phone call/email has nothing to do with being fair or honest.

Just reading your post makes my heart go out to poor Matt and the rest of the team. I am a moderator on a big forum, and we have some users who really just......torture us. They PM over the littlest thing rather than posting in a forum, and they are "offended" when we don't take action on their smallest request. Its got to the point with some users that I dare not open my PMs - and when I do and see some of the "usual moaners" I just close my PMs and go be depressed somewhere.....

Wake up call - these are volunteers, are not paid. If they get paid then MYBB needs to be paid for too. Their payment at the moment consists of having a nice title...and having to put up with a lot of crap. Great job. Of course, you could say "don't be a moderator then if you don't like the responsibility that goes with it". You could equally say "don't be a user then if you dont like the way a free forum with free software run by unpaid volunteers is run".

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 06:57 AM by leefish.)
08-01-2010 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members - leefish - 08-01-2010 05:57 AM

Standard Tools