MyBB.com Attention to All Members
MattR Offline
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members
(08-01-2010 07:44 AM)exdiogene Wrote:  In french if someone is not returning your calls, you will say that he is not fair and honest! Mostly because if he was fair he would understand that you took some of your time to contact him and it would be only fair to do the same for yourself. It would not be honest, because if he have some grief toward you and is not responding because of it, it would be a dissimulation and really dishonnest, the same would apply for someone not caring for you as much you care for him, it would not be honnest to not tell you about it!

I believe that the same understanding can be use in english and please correct me if i am wrong.

How would I know that saying it's not fair or honest is an error in communication?? :/ That is not how those words would be used in English. Being unfair is treating one person differently to another over the same thing and not being honest means lying to somebody or not being straight with them. Not replying to a PM doesn't fit any of those descriptions at all. Courtesy is the word you're looking for. But again, I didn't not reply due to a lack of courtesy, I purely lost track. If you have never forgotten to do something or lost track of something on any occasion then you should be donated to medical science so we can find out how you do it, because I'm sure we'd all like that ability too.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 08:08 AM by MattR.)
08-01-2010 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members - MattR - 08-01-2010 08:06 AM

Standard Tools