Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 A Classifieds forum maybe???
x-Treme Offline
A Classifieds forum maybe???
Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to use xthreads to create a classifieds section.
Members can upload an image of what they are selling, describe the item in a small paragraph, and list a price and contact info.
having categories would also be awesome.

Forum Freebies
08-12-2010 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: A Classifieds forum maybe???
Well yes, you can use the product review example that RateU made and combine it with the categories method used in Article forum example.

I do a lot of mix and match with RateUs code....  Smile

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-12-2010 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
Maybe it is my fault because I can not explain something clearly in each example. I'm really sorry for that.....

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with a classifieds forum. If we only need user can upload image, set the price and provide a contact info, use File as Input Field Type for image upload. And set the other settings related to it, like Valid File Extensions, Maximum File Size, Only Accept Image Files, Image Thumbnail Generation and etc. We can use Textbox as Input Field Type for Price and Contact.

08-13-2010 05:13 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
(08-13-2010 05:13 AM)RateU Wrote:  Maybe it is my fault because I can not explain something clearly in each example. I'm really sorry for that.....

No RateU - you misunderstand me I think - what I mean is your code is excellent and I take bits and pieces and stick them together to make variations for my own use. Smile

I think what is wanted is a mix of the look of the Product Review Forum with the Category Sorting features of the Articles Forum.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-13-2010 05:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
(08-13-2010 05:40 AM)leefish Wrote:  you misunderstand me I think

Hihihi.... No. I was talking to myself, Lee Smile And my apologize is for Yumi, all member (and maybe guest) who use XThreads. Not quite sure what kinds of quote I should use Biggrin Mmmm.... Maybe something like this:

* RateU think maybe it is my fault because I can not explain something clearly in each example Biggrin

Whoaaaaa... We ran off topic now.

@ x-Treme: Try to look at Product Review Forum example. If you want something like that, maybe we can change some fields to suit the classifieds forum. Or, you can look at what Leefish has here for the layout: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=7 Great layout Lee. I never thought to place an image in the center column Smile

@ Yumi: I'm sorry, Yumi. We do some chit chat here Biggrin

08-13-2010 07:16 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Thanks RateU - actually, thanks for reminding me. You will see that I am attempting to set up a filter on the screen in that layout.

What I am trying to do, is FIRST select the game, then, with game selected, select the category (build/buy) and then select the EP (base etc)

Its not working for me though - Each one is independent from the other - can you help? Because then I think that this layout maybe close to what x-Treme is looking for.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-13-2010 08:06 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Basically, I think we are allowed to use multi filter in XThreads. But I'm not quite sure if it is secure to put {$tf_filters['key']} or {$mybb->input['filtertf_key']} directly in template. And, it's hard to "manage" the input fields in newthread template (for me). If the classifieds forum really need that kinds of category, I think it is easier to use forum as category, and XThreads filtering system as "sub-category".

08-14-2010 05:56 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
hmm, I see. That is a shame, because I think its that all in one forum view that we were hoping for .

I thought I saw a post by Yumi saying that nested filters gives an OR result rather than an and result, but I cant find it again.....

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2010 08:39 AM by leefish.)
08-14-2010 08:36 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
An array of filters on one field give an or, multiple filters on different fields give an and.

Unfortunately, XThreads isn't particularly good at displaying what has been filtered.  Maybe I'll try to think of a solution.

My Blog
08-14-2010 07:31 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Filtering system in XThreads is very very interesting feature and very very useful feature, Yumi.
Thank you very much that you have made it in XThreads Smile

I've tried to achieved it with PHP In Templates plugin, like in this forum: http://mynie.6te.net/demo/forumdisplay.php?fid=32
Unfortunately, I need to put the {$tf_filters['key']} variable directly in template. I don't know if it's secure or not. And, I can't make the input field has a "correlation" with other input field when creating new thread (newthread template) Biggrin
EDIT: Unfortunately, a user still can jump directly to the "latest" URL Biggrin

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2010 05:37 AM by RateU.)
08-15-2010 04:16 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools