Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 A Classifieds forum maybe???
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: A Classifieds forum maybe???
wow - that is pretty amazing RateU. Very slick indeed. I hope its secure cos it looks great.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-15-2010 06:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
Mm... Maybe the other way is using 2 or 3 level drop down menu? And the last level is the "real" filtering URL?

08-15-2010 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
That would be very neat, though I really like the way you have the levels appear. Its very cool indeed, but I guess the approach you are suggesting would be less server intensive?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-15-2010 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(08-15-2010 04:16 AM)RateU Wrote:  I've tried to achieved it with PHP In Templates plugin, like in this forum: http://mynie.6te.net/demo/forumdisplay.php?fid=32
Unfortunately, I need to put the {$tf_filters['key']} variable directly in template. I don't know if it's secure or not.
Taking it directly isn't secure.  If you're using PHP in Templates, you can stick <func htmlspecialchars_uni>{$tf_filters['key']}</func> which will fix that, though I will include a method to display filters in the next version.

(08-15-2010 04:16 AM)RateU Wrote:  And, I can't make the input field has a "correlation" with other input field when creating new thread (newthread template) Biggrin
Hmm, it might be possible to put a mini-form which will submit a POST request when they click on the New Thread button - the main issue being that it will display an error when they try to create a new thread (although they'll still be able to do it).

My Blog
08-15-2010 09:55 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
I think it's more server intensive. Because a user need to click several time (load several pages) before reach the "real" URL. Right now, we need to click Games -> PC -> RPG -> a thread. Need 4 step to reach the thread, compared to clicking a link that already filter RPG PC Games -> a thread. At least for bandwidth, I think. I'm not quite sure, though Biggrin

If we use a drop down menu, a user will click the last level menu, contains the "real" filtering URL (RPG PC Games). And we still have the category "level", without loading several pages first. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to find a cross browser and a pure CSS drop down menu.

EDIT: Thanks, Yumi. I need to change my template Biggrin

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2010 09:58 AM by RateU.)
08-15-2010 09:56 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
What about some simple listboxes, and a submit button at the end?
It probably won't look as fancy, but it should get the job done.

HTML Code
<form action="." method="get">
<select name="filtertf_something">
<option value="labela">A</option>
<option value="labelb">B</option>
</select>
<select name="filtertf_somethingelse">
<option value="labela">A</option>
<option value="labelb">B</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Go" />
</form>

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2010 10:01 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
08-15-2010 10:00 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools