Hide Post ?
Imran Offline
Question Hide Post ?
Is there a way to hide post until someone reply to thread ? Admins still be able to see the post? Thanks for reply

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
08-20-2010 01:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Hide Post ?
Well in that case an admin would have to make the first reply- as no one else would be able to see it - so you could use moderation options. Unless your goal is random posts based on people not actually knowing what they are replying to.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-20-2010 01:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
(08-20-2010 01:08 AM)Imran Wrote:  Is there a way to hide post until someone reply to thread ? Admins still be able to see the post? Thanks for reply

The best plugin that I've ever seen for something like this is Yumi's plugin (designed for 1.2):

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=32

The only hide plugin that can deal with quote, quick quote, quote in full reply, and cross quote. It can deal with archive too. Maybe you can learn from that plugin.

08-20-2010 02:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Imran Offline
Thanks RateU Smile

08-20-2010 04:24 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Note that, from memory, the plugin is a bit ugly in that it has to replicate MyBB behaviour to get some things to work, due to lack of plugin hooks around the place...  There probably is a better way of doing things, now that I made the quote modification to MyBB 1.6.  Use it as an example if you wish, but don't over-rely on it.

My Blog
08-22-2010 08:42 AM
tonoshi Offline
There was a great plugin made by babjusi that hides post but when I left Mybb I deleted it and now cant download it again because it is bought by another paid forum. I will search again and if I find it I will post it here.
08-23-2010 02:57 AM
Imran Offline
(08-23-2010 02:57 AM)tonoshi Wrote:  There was a great plugin made by babjusi that hides post but when I left Mybb I deleted it and now cant download it again because it is bought by another paid forum. I will search again and if I find it I will post it here.

Sorry for bump it after 3 months, but I didn't read that post before. I've to say to please not share that here, it might break that forum's rules / license.

11-16-2010 12:06 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools