Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
 Trading Forum
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: Trading Forum
Update:
Use ISO 4217 for the currency.
Replace the $ sign to the USD code in trdf_postbit_first, trdf_forumdisplay_thread, trdf_newthread and trdf_editpost_first.

10-08-2012 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nier3 Offline
Hi, how can I add a filter by date? I have a forum in which each thread has an expiration date. I would like to that users could research for example: "threads that expire in December."
Is there a way?

Thank you in advance
11-06-2012 07:35 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Depends on how you implemented this expiry field.  If each date component is separate, you could just use the default filtering feature to filter by the month specified.
Otherwise, sorting works (but isn't exactly a filter).

My Blog
11-06-2012 09:20 AM
nier3 Offline
Thank you, I'll try with filter.

Other question Whistle how can I add editor (word 2007) also in new thread and edit post templates in Trading Forum?

Thanks
11-08-2012 09:52 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
You can add {$codebuttons} in trdf_editpost_first and trdf_newthread templates after the textarea.

11-10-2012 12:41 AM
bigvin Offline
Hello!
Is there a way to get the field Title directly above each of the "filter and search" drop downs? Just figured it might be helpful to mark what is being filtered.
see here:
http://www.pantherbb.com/Forum-Classifieds
01-17-2013 06:08 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
You add them by editing your trdf_forumdisplay_searchforum_inline template.

01-19-2013 02:15 AM
bigvin Offline
(01-19-2013 02:15 AM)RateU Wrote:  You add them by editing your trdf_forumdisplay_searchforum_inline template.
I'm sry rateU, I tried but I can't seem to be able to do this without either messing up the filtering and causing an error or messing up how the layout looks...my knowledge about this is pretty limited.

I also wanted to know 2 other things.
How do I get this trade counter "trdf_forumdisplay_thread_null" to show up and display spanning above the displayed trades?

... and also, how do I eliminate "closed" trades from displaying when using the side navigation for all of the side navigation options ... except if I actually choose the "Closed" option button?

what I did do is I changed the order for the drop down filtering and in the template to reflect "open" as first/default in the list and someone needs to physically choose "closed" or "all". But I can't figure out how to eliminate the "closed" trades from the side navigation
sry again for all of the questions.
01-19-2013 03:16 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(01-19-2013 03:16 AM)bigvin Wrote:  I'm sry rateU, I tried but I can't seem to be able to do this without either messing up the filtering and causing an error or messing up how the layout looks...
There are some options if you want to edit the template.
Some examples:

HTML Code
<form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
	<table border="0" cellspacing="{$GLOBALS['theme']['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$GLOBALS['theme']['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both;">
		<tr><td class="thead" colspan="6"><strong>Filter &amp; Search Trade</strong></td></tr>
		<tr>
			<td class="tcat smalltext" align="center">
				<strong>Category</strong>
			</td>
				<strong>Need to</strong>
			</td>
				<strong>Condition</strong>
			</td>
				<strong>Payment</strong>
			</td>
				<strong>Status</strong>
			</td>
				<strong>Product Name</strong>
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td class="trow1" align="center">
				<select name="filtertf_trdfcat">
					<option value="">All</option>
					<option value="Hardware"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcat']['selected']['Hardware']}>Hardware</option>
					<option value="Software"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcat']['selected']['Software']}>Software</option>
					<option value="Other"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcat']['selected']['Other']}>Other</option>
				</select>
			</td>
				<select name="filtertf_trdftnt">
					<option value="Buy"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdftnt']['selected']['Buy']}>Buy</option>
					<option value="Sell"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdftnt']['selected']['Sell']}>Sale</option>
				</select>
			</td>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfcond">
					<option value="New"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcond']['selected']['New']}>New</option>
					<option value="Used"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcond']['selected']['Used']}>Used</option>
				</select>
			</td>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfpayment">
					<option value="PayPal"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfpayment']['selected']['PayPal']}>PayPal</option>
					<option value="AlertPay"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfpayment']['selected']['AlertPay']}>AlertPay</option>
					<option value="Wire Transfer"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfpayment']['selected']['Wire Transfer']}>Wire Transfer</option>
				</select>
			</td>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfstatus">
					<option value="Open"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfstatus']['selected']['Open']}>Open</option>
					<option value="Closed"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfstatus']['selected']['Closed']}>Closed</option>
				</select>
			</td>
				<input type="text" class="textbox" name="search" size="30" value="{$searchval}" /> {$gobutton}
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
	<input type="hidden" name="fid" value="{$fid}" />
	<input type="hidden" name="sortby" value="{$sortby}" />
	<input type="hidden" name="order" value="{$sortordernow}" />
	<input type="hidden" name="datecut" value="{$datecut}" />
	{$xthreads_forum_filter_form}
</form>
<br />

Will give you something like this:

or:

HTML Code
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$GLOBALS['theme']['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$GLOBALS['theme']['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both;">
	<tr><td class="thead"><strong>Filter &amp; Search Trade</strong></td></tr>
	<tr>
			<form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
				<strong class="smalltext">Category:</strong>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfcat">
					<option value="Hardware"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcat']['selected']['Hardware']}>Hardware</option>
					<option value="Software"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcat']['selected']['Software']}>Software</option>
					<option value="Other"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcat']['selected']['Other']}>Other</option>
				</select>
				<strong class="smalltext">Need to:</strong>
				<select name="filtertf_trdftnt">
					<option value="Buy"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdftnt']['selected']['Buy']}>Buy</option>
					<option value="Sell"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdftnt']['selected']['Sell']}>Sale</option>
				</select>
				<strong class="smalltext">Condition:</strong>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfcond">
					<option value="New"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcond']['selected']['New']}>New</option>
					<option value="Used"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfcond']['selected']['Used']}>Used</option>
				</select>
				<strong class="smalltext">Payment:</strong>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfpayment">
					<option value="PayPal"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfpayment']['selected']['PayPal']}>PayPal</option>
					<option value="AlertPay"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfpayment']['selected']['AlertPay']}>AlertPay</option>
					<option value="Wire Transfer"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfpayment']['selected']['Wire Transfer']}>Wire Transfer</option>
				</select>
				<strong class="smalltext">Status:</strong>
				<select name="filtertf_trdfstatus">
					<option value="Open"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfstatus']['selected']['Open']}>Open</option>
					<option value="Closed"{$GLOBALS['filters_set']['trdfstatus']['selected']['Closed']}>Closed</option>
				</select>
				<strong class="smalltext">Name:</strong>
				<input type="text" class="textbox" name="search" size="10" value="{$searchval}" /> {$gobutton}
				<input type="hidden" name="fid" value="{$fid}" />
				<input type="hidden" name="sortby" value="{$sortby}" />
				<input type="hidden" name="order" value="{$sortordernow}" />
				<input type="hidden" name="datecut" value="{$datecut}" />
				{$xthreads_forum_filter_form}
			</form>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
<br />

Will give you something like this (maybe you need to move the {$searchforum} variable in your trdf_forumdisplay_threadlist at the top of the template, depends on your screen resolutions):

(01-19-2013 03:16 AM)bigvin Wrote:  How do I get this trade counter "trdf_forumdisplay_thread_null" to show up and display spanning above the displayed trades?
I'm sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean.

(01-19-2013 03:16 AM)bigvin Wrote:  ... and also, how do I eliminate "closed" trades from displaying when using the side navigation for all of the side navigation options ... except if I actually choose the "Closed" option button?

what I did do is I changed the order for the drop down filtering and in the template to reflect "open" as first/default in the list and someone needs to physically choose "closed" or "all". But I can't figure out how to eliminate the "closed" trades from the side navigation
sry again for all of the questions.
Do you mean, by default, only Open trades will be displayed, unless users select the Closed option?
Maybe you can try to use the Default Thread Filter setting.
You can find the setting in your forum setting (when creating or editing a forum).

01-19-2013 04:10 AM
bigvin Offline
The title layout above the filters was exactly what I needed, thank you.

The default thread filter works with "open" as a value on the status field when the forum is initially displayed ( it also bypasses the forum rules and goes directly to displaying "open" trades) but then if you choose any other option in that side navigation , it still shows "closed" threads which is what I want to eliminate from all of the navigation unless the "closed" option button is chosen.

(01-19-2013 04:10 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 03:16 AM)bigvin Wrote:  How do I get this trade counter "trdf_forumdisplay_thread_null" to show up and display spanning above the displayed trades?
I'm sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean.

This is what I was referring too, the "Buy or Sell in our classified section, currently we have 3 transactions" that pops up ...now mind you, I am the one that probably made a mistake and that's why it's displaying this way....I assume it's suppose to be displaying above the list of trades am I correct?

01-19-2013 06:19 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools