Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 First post! Question about hiding last post details in a specific forum
Joey Shane Offline
Shy First post! Question about hiding last post details in a specific forum
Hi there!  I have to say I really am enjoying xthreads since installing it a couple days ago.  I have kind of been stumbling around and figuring out some great things it can do, but I was wondering it it's possible to hide a specific piece of information from threads in ONLY a specific forum?

For example, in my fid 10 would I be able to completely hide the column that shows "last reply" information?  It's a forum that doesn't allow replies from regular users, so having the replies column is not at all needed.  I feel like xthreads can probably do this, but I can't seem to figure out how, and my searches online have turned up no results.

Thanks!
09-13-2014 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: First post! Question about hiding last post details in a specific forum
How much do you know about the MyBB templates system?
The general gist would be to override the templates for that particular forum, with a copy that doesn't have the last post column.

My Blog
09-13-2014 12:58 PM
Joey Shane Offline
RE: First post! Question about hiding last post details in a specific forum
I've made tons of template customizations and have been very comfortable with them but I'm not aware of a way to make just one forum use one special template.  Is this an xthreads feature or a basic feature I just haven't realized yet?  I know how to remove that section from the templates in general, but it would make the change to all forums.  I'll try experimenting and see what I can find, but if you can point me in the right direction in the meantime

----  SCRATCH THAT!  ----  as I was typing that, it dawned on me exactly what to do.  Tested it out and it works perfectly!  It was almost too simple!  Awesome  Smile  Thank you
09-13-2014 02:27 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools