Congratulations MyBBhacks !!!
Imran Offline
Wink Congratulations MyBBhacks !!!
Congratulations ZiNgA BuRgA , you have got your 600 th registered member on mybbhacks. Indeed, its some how a Milestone for you Smile

This is yours 600 th member: redrobinr91

We hope you will lead this community as a best place for MyBB Exclusive stuff.

Thank You very much for all your efforts to put MyBB what it stands today...!

Best wishes for you in future as well. Smile

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
09-25-2010 04:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Congratulations MyBBhacks !!!
Most of the users here are probably spam users, so stats don't really mean anything.
I don't bother deleting them either, I just block IP ranges.

My Blog
09-25-2010 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techu Offline
(09-25-2010 08:41 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I don't bother deleting them either, I just block IP ranges.

I dont think blocking ip range is a solution because most of the ips are dynamic ip.....

BTW I think you have blocked the whole ip range of BSNL(one of the major ISP of India), whenever I try to access this forum from a BSNL connection it shows that "you have been banned from this forum..". Well at home I use another ISP so no problem there.

Please can you unblock the IP range starting with 117...

[Image: banner.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2010 01:19 PM by techu.)
09-25-2010 01:18 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(09-25-2010 01:18 PM)techu Wrote:  I dont think blocking ip range is a solution because most of the ips are dynamic ip.....
The whole point of IP range blocking is to block dynamic IPs, typically from an entire ISP.

(09-25-2010 01:18 PM)techu Wrote:  BTW I think you have blocked the whole ip range of BSNL(one of the major ISP of India), whenever I try to access this forum from a BSNL connection it shows that "you have been banned from this forum..". Well at home I use another ISP so no problem there.

Yes, I blocked most of those, because that's where pretty much all the spam comes from.
Sorry to be harsh to you, but I'm not going to accept spam here; India should fix their spam problems if they don't want to be marginalised by sites such as this.

My Blog
09-25-2010 02:32 PM
techu Offline
(09-25-2010 02:32 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(09-25-2010 01:18 PM)techu Wrote:  I dont think blocking ip range is a solution because most of the ips are dynamic ip.....
The whole point of IP range blocking is to block dynamic IPs, typically from an entire ISP.

(09-25-2010 01:18 PM)techu Wrote:  BTW I think you have blocked the whole ip range of BSNL(one of the major ISP of India), whenever I try to access this forum from a BSNL connection it shows that "you have been banned from this forum..". Well at home I use another ISP so no problem there.

Yes, I blocked most of those, because that's where pretty much all the spam comes from.
Sorry to be harsh to you, but I'm not going to accept spam here; India should fix their spam problems if they don't want to be marginalised by sites such as this.

why dont you use Akismet plugin?

[Image: banner.png]
09-25-2010 02:37 PM
Firefox Wins Offline
Congrats....oops, sorry about the Spam.

(09-25-2010 02:32 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Yes, I blocked most of those, because that's where pretty much all the spam comes from...

What about MyBB's default captcha, which you are using, is that easily defeated?
09-25-2010 03:32 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(09-25-2010 02:37 PM)techu Wrote:  why dont you use Akismet plugin?
I generally don't trust AI type detection, besides, some of this spam is clever enough to fool even people.
I've also heard of adverse effects of these things, but it's to be excepted from this type of AI detection anyway.

I don't mind spam users so much, as their spam signatures are hidden anyway.

(09-25-2010 03:32 PM)Firefox Wins Wrote:  What about MyBB's default captcha, which you are using, is that easily defeated?
Considering it's from India, I suspect these are done by humans.
But MyBB's captcha doesn't look difficult to defeat from a bot coder's perspective.

My Blog
09-25-2010 06:04 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(09-25-2010 06:04 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I don't mind spam users so much, as their spam signatures are hidden anyway.

I leave their replies there as long as it is not an unrelated reply and there is no link in it Biggrin
I hope it is OK, Yumi.

09-27-2010 04:11 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
That's perfectly fine RateU.

My Blog
09-27-2010 08:48 AM
Imran Offline
(09-25-2010 02:37 PM)techu Wrote:  why dont you use Akismet plugin?

Personally I don't like using Akismet Plugin, mainly because it has adverse effects. I had an experience of facing such effects BTW. I joined a community where this plugin was activated. When I first tried to post an thread, thi akismet system showed me an error like "This thread is considered as an spam by Akismet System" when I tried to resend this thread, this system banned my ID. Tongue

I don't recommend people using this..

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
09-27-2010 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools