Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
 How to display custom thread field value in a separate column on threadlist?
billy11 Offline
Question How to display custom thread field value in a separate column on threadlist?
First post here, but have done a lot of reading and searching and experimenting with XThreads. Fantastic tool.

Like the subject says, I'm trying to figure out how to display a custom thread field in a separate column on the threadlist on forumdisplay.

My custom thread field is a price field that users enter their own value when creating a thread. I'm trying to accomplish the following:

1) Display the custom thread field value in a new column next to each thread
2) Have that column be able to be sorted or filtered (ascending and descending)

Another option I would like to have would be to have 2 fields (i.e. Price Min. and Price Max) on the threadlist page that users could enter their own values in each field and be able to filter the threads based on those values (i.e. only show threads that have a price between $10 and $40) and be able to sort those results as well (ascending and descending). Not sure if this is possible, but would really like to give users this option.

Would really appreciate any help with these things.
01-13-2015 05:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
billy11 Offline
RE: How to display custom thread field value in a separate column on threadlist?
Would still like some help with this.
01-14-2015 06:32 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: How to display custom thread field value in a separate column on threadlist?
For the first option, you need to add a column to the forumdisplay_threadlist and to the forumdisplay_thread . I recommend a custom template group for this. If you want to post those two templates here (use a code or php block) and the name of your custom field I can help a bit more.

You can put the value for the threadfield in the forumdisplay_thread template and the asc/desc action needs to be managed in the forumdisplay_threadlist . Look at RateU's product forum example for how to do the order arrow.

Your second question - I am not sure. You need ZingaBurga

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
01-14-2015 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Look at the links on the column headers to see what MyBB does to the URL for sorting.
Also check the documentation supplied with the XThreads download package.

My Blog
01-14-2015 02:31 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools