Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Numerous xthread 1.8 problem
Hamster24 Offline
Numerous xthread 1.8 problem
Hi today i noticed a some sort of bug where if i have enabled inline forum search. the search shows accurate results for first page but after clicking page 2 it just shows the page 2 threads of the Forum and not filtered by the search term we entered.

Another problem i found is  if make a field radio select and fill the values as such:
Formatting Map List
Value                                
Hello how are you?

display output

Code:
<a href="{$forumurl?}filtertf_product_cat=Hello how are you"><span style="color: green;"> Hello</span></a>

does not convert into link i have 8 such selections out of which 7 converts into link without any problem. there is no problem with space in between "how are you" in the display value as other values are similar and works well.

and yes the field is filterable with exact match

Another problem i found is that forums with xthreads with custom templates inline moderation in a thread is broken i am not able to select posts to delete them it gives error
Sorry, but you did not select any posts to perform inline moderation on, or your previous moderation session has expired (Automatically after 1 hour of inactivity). Please select some posts and try again.

Deactivated all plugins except xthreads + Template cond and the problem remains. i only have custom postbit_first so i don't think any js file is missing.

another thing that is odd is forums with custom templates don't update anything smoothly on the page such as quick reply or star rating they take a full refresh. Quick Edit is also not working.

Edit Reason : changed title to numerous xthread 1.8 problem
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 06:49 AM by Hamster24.)
01-13-2015 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hamster24 Offline
RE: Numerous xthread 1.8 problem
Added some more maybe bugs i won't say they are bugs so early maybe its just few 1.6>>>1.8 problems
01-14-2015 06:34 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(01-13-2015 07:05 PM)Hamster24 Wrote:  Hi today i noticed a some sort of bug where if i have enabled inline forum search. the search shows accurate results for first page but after clicking page 2 it just shows the page 2 threads of the Forum and not filtered by the search term we entered.
Do you have anything that rewrites URLs or similar?

(01-13-2015 07:05 PM)Hamster24 Wrote:  Another problem i found is  if make a field radio select and fill the values as such:
Formatting Map List
Value                                
Hello how are you?

display output

Code:
<a href="{$forumurl?}filtertf_product_cat=Hello how are you"><span style="color: green;"> Hello</span></a>

does not convert into link i have 8 such selections out of which 7 converts into link without any problem. there is no problem with space in between "how are you" in the display value as other values are similar and works well.

and yes the field is filterable with exact match

It seems to work for me.  Perhaps double check for any trailing spaces in both your values list and the formatting map - the two must match _exactly_ (case sensitive etc).

(01-13-2015 07:05 PM)Hamster24 Wrote:  Another problem i found is that forums with xthreads with custom templates inline moderation in a thread is broken i am not able to select posts to delete them it gives error
Sorry, but you did not select any posts to perform inline moderation on, or your previous moderation session has expired (Automatically after 1 hour of inactivity). Please select some posts and try again.

Deactivated all plugins except xthreads + Template cond and the problem remains. i only have custom postbit_first so i don't think any js file is missing.

another thing that is odd is forums with custom templates don't update anything smoothly on the page such as quick reply or star rating they take a full refresh. Quick Edit is also not working.
Please check for Javascript errors on your page.

My Blog
01-14-2015 02:50 PM
Hamster24 Offline
1. i use Google Seo Plugin by froshcutz. this inline search used to work fine prior to 1.8 upgrade.
2. yep its working fine now changed the cateory name and link make it one word now.
3.  i have following errors in the chrome console

thread.js:177 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined

plus i have 2 times Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS for facebook like box and twitter
2. Fixed
3. Fixed

thanks for the js error tip so i found that the custom postbit didn't have associated pid with the .post_body class. so i was getting those weird JS errors such as complete refreshing and what not and now everything is fixed.

only thing that has problem is the inline search

also yumi
is there any plan to upgrade spamalyser it's so useful plugin stops spammer totally.
another thing is that database has a table of 10 mb data of spamalyser logs how can i get rid of that? as it makes 20-25 percent of my database.
i mean should i drop the table completely?
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 08:12 PM by Hamster24.)
01-14-2015 07:53 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
The URL works fine for me here with Google SEO.
Is your Google SEO plugin even set up correctly?

My Blog
01-26-2015 05:51 PM
Hamster24 Offline
hmm i will see it today.
thanks for replying
01-29-2015 06:41 PM
Hamster24 Offline
yes google seo seems to be installed correctly everything works fine i'm using latest github version.
everything is working fine except inline search.

even if i sort threads by thread field it doesn't shows the page 2 and goes to THE page 2 of that forum without any filtering.
i even checked the htaccess file it is same as i had on 1.6 (localhostbackup)
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 05:52 AM by Hamster24.)
02-02-2015 05:43 AM
Hamster24 Offline
how to troubleshoot this problem
02-04-2015 10:56 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Set up a completely clean install and provide exact, complete step by step instructions, from install, on how to reproduce the issue.

My Blog
02-05-2015 10:25 AM
Hamster24 Offline
that what the problem is i am not able to reproduce it on localhost.
i have crosschecked every template and compared with 1.6 working templates and they all are identical.
Even i used the htaccess which used to work with 1.6 (for google seo)
moreover this problem was reported by a user who was using a link which was a filterable xthread field link but when clicked page 2 it just loads the generic page 2 of that forum.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 07:15 PM by Hamster24.)
02-10-2015 07:14 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools