Fag
RE: MyBBz.net 's Plugins List
I'll try my best to be wrong less than 20% of the time then Tongue

My Blog
09-29-2010 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Imran Offline
I know Pirata Smile Yumi is a great coder , no doubt about that.

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
09-29-2010 06:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TriTop Offline
Here comes another PLugin based on Javescript that promises Botprotection.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/javascript-bot-protection

How do you feel about this? Is it pointless too?
10-11-2010 02:05 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
When I say "useless", I mostly mean to someone who's actually targeted your site.
In a way, if you make your site slightly different to the millions of other forums out there, this difference may be able to fool a bot which is trying to scour these forums to exploit.  It would only take a bot coder like 30 seconds to write a work around to either method, but if not many forums have it, they probably won't bother.

So in a way, it might prevent bot-based registration, but it's not something I would rely on, since it's only a matter of whether the coder can be bothered to add the exception in (if it's popular, it will be added in).
And also, whilst most bots may not parse Javascript, I'm sure the good ones can attach onto a fully fledged browser and WILL parse Javascript, effectively defeating this plugin.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 10:43 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
10-11-2010 10:43 AM
Imran Offline
On behalf of Shahaab:

We have upgraded the Mods Database of our forums last night and under go a massive change. With this upgrade, you have now over 200 Exclusive Plugins for download. These plugins are differentiated into 2 groups.
  • Free
  • Premium

Approximately half of the listed plugin are placed in Free Category and the other half are placed in Premium Category. We have also evaluate some of the nice features to these forums. Some of them are MyBB default features like Thread Prefixes and Private Inquiries and some are our own developed features like Signature Restriction, Login to View Threads and No Zip downloads from some forums.

Free Plugins Policy:
As I said that half of the available plugins are now placed in Free Category, these plugins are published / shared without any charge, however You have to make a reply to that Plugin Released Thread before you could download. This policy have been introduced because we have faced many spam accounts who came here just to make an spam post/thread. To restrict them all, we have to undergo this massive change.

User Friendly:
Many MyBB-Plugins forums like mybbcodes.com and mybbaddons.com require some MYPS to download their "Free" resources. This would make users a bit confuse to download. e.g. in mybbcodes.com , you have to make "5" quality posts to get "10 Pese" (mybbcodes.com 's virtual currency). Once you got 10 Pese then you would be able to download only one Free Plugin. That's really annoy for users. Plus mybbcodes.com 's Free resource is quite crappy in our  humble opinion. Therefore we have introduced our Free resource for just one reply in those released plugins threads to be able to download plugin file. Image attachments are exempted from this restriction. (means that you can view / download "Image" attachments without reply. Guests are also able to view / download Image attachments).

Premium Plugins Policy:
Now the other half plugins that have massive coding and have some extra unique features that will enhance your MyBB foums, are placed inside the Premium Category. You can download more then 100 Premium Plugins from that section by buying a subscription for just 5 dollars for one complete year. That's also our great deal with you to have subscribers status with some extra available options on your UserCP + have many other instant access to all sections of our forums. Some of them are;
  • Instant Access to All Free and Premium Plugins
  • You don't have to wait / reply to Free sections
  • You would have unlimited attachment quota
  • You would have unlimited Private Messages quota
  • You can use Edit Profile options via UserCP
and much more... Smile

Our Subscription - A Great Deal !!! :
We have a lowest subscription rate as compared to any other MyBB Plugins site. e.g. mybbcentral.com , mybbcodes.com and mybbaddons.com , all have 10 USD as one year subscription charge. But here on mybbz.net, you can get all our Exclusive and Most demanding features for just 5 USD for one complete year. Smile That also defines our devotion to MyBB Plugins Developing, Themes Coding, MyCodes Developing and Top Notch Support providing to our Customers. Plus, by buying subscription at our forums will give you a benefit of asking to develop / code some "Custom Requested Modules" for your forums. We will love to make / fulfill your custom requests. Our Paid / Premium Plugins Policy also differs from all other MyBB sites that we will fulfill the custom requests without any charge for our Premium Subscribers only. However, we will develop custom plugins for minimal cost for Non-Subscribers. You can select one of the following websites for subscription;
- PayPal
- AlertPay

To subscribe to these forums for only 5 USD, Please CLICK HERE.

Disclaimer:
MyBBz.net reserves the right to change one or more Free and Premium Policy 's Points without prior notice.

Thank You for reading.

^^ This topic can be found originally at: http://forum.mybbz.net/showthread.php?tid=488

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
10-11-2010 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TriTop Offline
(10-11-2010 10:43 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  When I say "useless", I mostly mean to someone who's actually targeted your site.
In a way, if you make your site slightly different to the millions of other forums out there, this difference may be able to fool a bot which is trying to scour these forums to exploit.  It would only take a bot coder like 30 seconds to write a work around to either method, but if not many forums have it, they probably won't bother.

So in a way, it might prevent bot-based registration, but it's not something I would rely on, since it's only a matter of whether the coder can be bothered to add the exception in (if it's popular, it will be added in).
And also, whilst most bots may not parse Javascript, I'm sure the good ones can attach onto a fully fledged browser and WILL parse Javascript, effectively defeating this plugin.

Thank you ZiNgA BuRgA for detailed and simplification answer. I will try my best made my site as well as in any way possible different from others.
10-12-2010 03:02 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools