Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Question
xboris2010 Offline
Question
Hello guys, thanks again for this awesome plugin.

I have a question.

When using mybb go mobile theme or mobile version, is it possible not use the custom template and just use the default i.e mobile theme template?

i havea  a custom  first_postbit_classic and postbit_showthread and when using mobile, it pulls those and its really hard to see because i have set my custom showthread into 2 column.

Thank you
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 08:22 AM by xboris2010.)
06-17-2015 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Question
Add mobile variants of the first_postbit_classic and postbit_showthread templates to your mobile theme. It will then use those. You do this by selecting to add a template to your template group.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
06-17-2015 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xboris2010 Offline
ty very much for replying leefish ..

its working...  

love you!
something went wrong, the styling is working but the custom xthread fields on my main forum when you create a new thread doesnt appear anymore, while on the mybb go mobile theme, the custom fields they do appear.

i already tried deactivating then activating i even tried duplicating thread...  deactivated mybb gomobile and xthread, then enable xthread first but still no luck .
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 08:13 PM by xboris2010.)
06-17-2015 07:44 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Check the templates on the main theme contain the XThreads variables.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
06-18-2015 04:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xboris2010 Offline
thank you leefish found it : )  {$extra_threadfields}  

can i ask another question.. this is for the newthread, isthere any way i can cuztomize the size of the thread fields, because when its on mobile mode this is the only one left unchanged, it doesnt adapt , it still shows the desktop version.

thanks <3
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2015 09:33 AM by xboris2010.)
06-18-2015 09:08 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
The size of the fields is currently set in the custom thread fields settings in the ACP.

I am not currently sure of a way round it, sorry. Just make it big enough to look decent on mobile and adjust your desktop (main theme) templates.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
06-18-2015 07:36 PM
xboris2010 Offline
Thank you LeeFish,

I have another question i hope you dont mind again helping me.

Ok so i have two theme, one for mobile and one for desktop.

I removed this string in my mobile template {$extra_threadfields}  ,  new post and edit post.  It's totally fine for me w.o the xthread fields when they're using mobile, also note that those fields are set to everyone and NOT required.

Problem is this, i accidentaly remove the {$extra_threadfields} option in my DESKTOP template. When i edit my first post in my desktop template and hit update. All the custom fields that we're previously entered disappeared! @_@  

I tried to replicate the same thing using the mobile template without {$extra_threadfields} in the edit post template, it didnt happen in mobile, the xthread fields that were previously populated were still intact after updating.

What could be the problem, i have restored {$extra_threadfields} in my EDIT POST tempalte now and it's working fine again.

I choose not to put it in my mobile theme this string in edit post  {$extra_threadfields}  because the layout is messed up when you edit the post.  In mobile if you edit the post even w.o {$extra_threadfields}  its fine .

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 01:49 PM by xboris2010.)
06-20-2015 01:48 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I am a bit confused by your post. In the Xthreads download there is something called undoc. Its the documentation for XThreads.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/attachment.php?aid=725

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
06-21-2015 08:05 AM
xboris2010 Offline
Got it leefish..   thanks again and <3
06-27-2015 11:48 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools