Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 XThread Images
Flabaliki Offline
XThread Images
So I have a download forum, similar to Leefish's, in that it hosts Sims content with plenty of pictures and such.

Now I only found out about XThreads long after I'd already had my site running, so even just adding the fundamental elements that my forum needed via XThreads was a long process. All that worked out great, and the forum has never been better Smile

Now what I'm wanting to do for the next version of my site is to allow multiple uploads of images and files, rather than the one by one of the default MyBB system. I currently use an XThreads field for forum display pictures, which is brilliant. The problem being that, all the pictures of current uploads are done via the MyBB attachments system, and I was wondering if there would be a quicker way of converting them over to xthreads.

I tried to do a htaccess url rewrite to make the extensions .jpg and then use the URL option for the fields, but that just spat out an error. If there is any possible quick way, that'd be awesome. If not, it's not -that- big of an issue, because I can just leave those pictures with the old MyBB way and just force new uploads to use XThreads.

Thanks for any help provided Smile

http://youtube.com/Flabaliki
10-23-2010 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: XThread Images
Unfortunately, you're probably going to need to write your own conversion script for this.  Unfortunately, conversions can be a bit of a pain.

My Blog
10-23-2010 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flabaliki Offline
Bah, I'll just leave the old ones as is then, I don't know much about scripting personally. I can make edits here and there, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. Thanks for the response though Smile

10-23-2010 10:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flabaliki Offline
Update:
I don't know if you did anything differently in the new version, but now, it works by just copy and pasting the 'attachment.php?aid=###' link. It also correctly identifies the file type. SOOO awesome and a massive time saver!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010 06:50 PM by Flabaliki.)
11-07-2010 06:35 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(11-07-2010 06:35 PM)Flabaliki Wrote:  Update:
I don't know if you did anything differently in the new version, but now, it works by just copy and pasting the 'attachment.php?aid=###' link. It also correctly identifies the file type. SOOO awesome and a massive time saver!
If you had cURL or sockets, it should've done it before.  XThreads falls back to fopen if you have neither, and I did add the ability to recognise HTTP headers with fopen.

Well, glad it's had some effect Tongue

My Blog
11-07-2010 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools