Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 How do I create a simple form and use prefixes?
groovybluedog Offline
RE: How do I create a simple form and use prefixes?
(06-22-2016 05:40 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  You need a strong grasp of how the MyBB template system works.  If you don't, XThreads will be very painful to use.

The basic idea is to create the custom fields (should be able to find it in the Admin CP), then remove the post input box from the relevant templates.  But since templates are usually global, removing it from the templates will affect the entire forum.  To avoid this situation, you duplicate the template and point one forum to use this custom template.

I suggest working through some of the examples.  It'll help you get an idea of how it all works.

Thanks for you reply! I have a reasonable grasp of the template system which is growing day by day. When I don't know, I normally poke around myself until I find things out, and on the few occasions where I have had to ask MyBB for support, I always ensure I understand their solution so I can learn for myself.

And at the end of the day if I don't try out difficult things like this, I'll never learn, right? I need a challenge so this is perfect!

Thankfully I reasonably understand what you mean, and I could duplicate the template fine, I cannot see anywhere in the settings when editing a board, where I can set that board to use a separate template. Is it hidden under another title or am I just blind?

However what is more pressing is how my custom field has set the format of my theme completely off, please see the screenshot:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-23-2016 04:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I create a simple form and use prefixes? - groovybluedog - 06-23-2016 04:54 AM

Standard Tools