Thread Rating, Code Tag URLS & MyCode
1master1 Offline
Thread Rating, Code Tag URLS & MyCode
Well,

when guests visit a thread, they can see the thread rating on top of thread and they are able to rate it even though they dont have permissions. So can we make it display just the already rated or non rated star rating images and remove the rating action for guests as like when a user rates a thread and when he hovers over it again, they will see no current action?
When they hover those star rating images they must not have the option of rating.

Next is,
the content posted in the code tags are displayed as plain text by removing any formatting to those text. Can we make the Url links automatically formated as live url links? that means, only urls posted in code tag must be clickable and also the long links must not truncated.
The long url links that are posted in code tag will appear as full link without any truncation. So it must happen the same when they become live urls too.

Finally,
How can we add a MyCode which inserts a text or image into the post when we click on it and we can append the remaining post text below it?
Just like having a "Information" icon in posting editor and when we click on it, it must insert the text "Information" or an image instead of it into the post.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2010 10:35 PM by 1master1.)
11-15-2010 04:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Thread Rating, Code Tag URLS & MyCode
The rating thing is in the forum settings per forum - you go to guests - custom permissions - and mark if they can rate threads or not (1.6)

Hmm, no idea on the code tags, same on the MyCode. Why not do a simple set up for that thread/post style in XThreads?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2010 08:08 AM by leefish.)
11-15-2010 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1master1 Offline
Yeah, i made that for guests. but the guests when hover over rate icon, they still see the rating functionality accessible and when they click on it they will be thrown with a error, no permission to rate. i want it to dont have that functionality when user hovers it
11-15-2010 08:26 AM
x-Treme Offline
Not sure I quite understand what you are asking in regards to the mycode.
Can you give us an example?

Forum Freebies
11-15-2010 08:28 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I say the rating system is just an idiocy of MyBB's design, and IMO, they should fix it.

I think he wants the last one to be like some spoiler, but with no end tag.

My Blog
11-15-2010 08:49 AM
1master1 Offline
^^ yes, without end tag, it must insert the text or picture into the post just by clicking the mycode
11-15-2010 08:53 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I am not sure if this is ok, but I have this mycode spoiler on my board. You can type as below

Code:
[info]
[img]http://static.modthesims2.com/customavatars/avatar318435_2.gif[/img]
[/info]
blablabla

Here is the spoiler code: - I have no idea if it is "safe" - you would have to ask Zinga.... I think it is not TBH.

Code:
<div style="padding: 3px; background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-size: 1em;"><div style="text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; margin-bottom: 3px; font-size: 0.8em; font-weight: bold; display: block;"><span onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') {  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerHTML = '<b>Info: </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>Hide This Info</a>'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = '<b>Info: </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>Show More Info</a>'; }" /><b>Info: </b><a href="#" onClick="return false;">Show More Info</a></span></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">$1</div></div></div>

Regular expression:

Code:
\[info\](.*?)\[/info\]

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
11-15-2010 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
^ Actually, that reminded me.
If you don't want an end tag, use this regex:

Code:
\[info\](.*)$

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2010 11:37 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
11-15-2010 11:24 PM
1master1 Offline
that is not i want, leefish. i want a tag with no closing tags like

[info]

when we type [info] in a post, it must display some text or image in replacement of that tag.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2010 02:51 AM by 1master1.)
11-15-2010 11:32 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I assume you actually haven't tried my suggestion >_>
It really doesn't take that long, ya'know, especially when you're the one asking for help...

My Blog
11-15-2010 11:35 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools