Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Field no accessable to specific groups, default value not working
CAS_ual_TY Offline
Field no accessable to specific groups, default value not working
Hello!

I would like to add a custom thread field that is only editable by certain user groups. If a group without access creates a thread in a forum using that field, it should not see it (works) and the default value should be applied (does not work). The field is a listbox. If a group with access creates a new thread, the default value is selected, if a group without access creates a new thread, it does not select that value (as stated already).

Is there any possibility to fix this? Or any possibility for a fix? Is this even possible or are there certain complications?

Anyways, thank you very much for that plugin. It REALLY makes a huge difference.
01-08-2017 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CAS_ual_TY Offline
RE: Field no accessable to specific groups, default value not working
Nvm using the blank replacement value. Seems more like a workaround to me, but it works.
01-08-2017 10:39 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Field no accessable to specific groups, default value not working
From memory, the default value only affects the thread create page (i.e. what is shown to the creator as default).  It doesn't actually affect the underlying value.
If the user cannot edit the field, the default won't have any effect as they are not allowed to set a value at all (even the default).  Yeah, it's a bit confusing, but using the Blank Replacement value is actually the intended way to handle it.

My Blog
04-02-2017 06:05 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools