Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 X-Threads 1.337 conflicts with Stefan T's WIKI plugin [SOLVED]
leefish Offline
Hamster
X-Threads 1.337 conflicts with Stefan T's WIKI plugin [SOLVED]
I have been using StefanT's WIKI plugin for quite sometime. It is compatible with MYBB 1.6 and up until version 1.337 appeared to be compatible with XThreads.

I was informed by  one of my users that it is now not possible to edit or add new threads to the wiki.

I checked the forum and user settings and all is correct. I had a custom layout on the wiki forum (built on XThreads) and I removed that. No change - still could not edit threads.

I deactivated XThreads and it was then possible to edit and add new threads. So I think XThreads is conflicting with the wiki in some way.

Unfortunately, Stefan T is no longer actively supporting the wiki, and I wondered if you could help by advising what edits (if any can be made) that I could make to get wiki and XThreads compatible again?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010 11:34 AM by leefish.)
11-18-2010 10:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: X-Threads 1.337 conflicts with Stefan T's WIKI plugin
I just set up a clean MyBB 1.6.0, installed the Wiki, set a forum and user ID and then installed XThreads 1.337, created a normal user account, and I can create/edit articles in the wiki.

I can't see anything obvious that would prevent this happening.  The only thing coming to mind right now is if you've set a required field on the forum used for discussions, in which case, XThreads is requiring it to be filled in, but the Wiki won't fill it in.

My Blog
11-18-2010 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: X-Threads 1.337 conflicts with Stefan T's WIKI plugin
Right - I shall test this - thank you Zinga Burga.

YOU STAR.... I have been struggling with this for three days. I had a required field - turned it to just everyone and POW - it worked!!!

Thank you...

I have to admit - I thought it was the cursed WIKI plug in - I love it and hate it all at the same time. Its the nearest thing we have a to an integrated wiki though.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010 11:38 AM by leefish.)
11-18-2010 11:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools