Stupid stupid registration question
Banalyst Offline
RE: Stupid stupid registration question
(01-13-2011 09:12 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Note, I'm doing the "puzzle" one - I can't even solve the other one myself >_>
What do you mean?

(01-13-2011 09:12 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  However, the user/bot is given some fixed objects for where to place the missing parts

Have you really looked what is "given"?:
- the code in browser is obfuscated
- eaxh "visible" (percieved by human as one piece) element, fixed or movable one,  is a collection of randomly decomposed smaller pieces, randomly identified, randomly placed, of random sizes

How would one guess which smaller pieces belong to which visible part?  
or determine constituent "visible' elements

The same captcha, after each wrong attempt, has pieces decomposed and protected differently  

In a very few attempts a bot will be blocked for 10 min and proposed to solve a different captcha

One cannot even get both the repeatable (and clear) code and images  of a captcha  to develop a bot against all from the pool.  The bot approaches are easily identified, solving of captchas is being monitored, and captchas  are being created and changed much easier
(01-13-2011 09:12 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Since all the examples I've been given are a 3x3 grid,
They are not. It is all smoke and mirrors

Also note that spammers here are dealing with a monitored active service (and the patterns of automated passing and/or even attemprs of cracking are easily detected) and platform for easy creation of new spamproofing solutions (in response and preventively), not just static and/or passive solutions (and services) offered by other services.  
In essence the question is not whether it is theoretically possible to pass our protection but by which comparative cost and  who is going to always win this competition

Gennady
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011 12:38 PM by Banalyst.)
01-13-2011 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid stupid registration question - Banalyst - 01-13-2011 11:22 AM

Standard Tools