Stupid stupid registration question
Banalyst Offline
RE: Stupid stupid registration question
(01-13-2011 01:44 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I can't figure out how to solve the pairing puzzle.  It seems all my attempts fail.
I just made a few pairings and all my attempts succeeded.
Also we have statistics showing that the rate of failures in pairing solvings is low.
Do you match by color matching as it is written in instructions after overing over question mark?

(01-13-2011 01:44 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  But the browser obviously knows how to piece them together to give 3 movable pieces.  What stops a bot from doing the same?
Are you asking about puzzle?
Note it is just one of the possible types which has less than a month and it can be changed by other type in a month while someone will be thinking how to solve it.

(01-13-2011 01:44 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Any bot worth bothering about won't obviously show any signs of looking like a bot.  Otherwise, we wouldn't need captchas, and just use these "other techniques" to identify these bots.
Are you implying that spamming is not detectable? Then, why to bother?

Do you know any service that would change their captcha after it is cracked?
We offer it

(01-13-2011 01:44 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Manual monitoring is silly IMO (if that's what you're referring to as "active monitoring").
We do not have to we shall receive this info anyway when  and how KeyCAPTCHA was broken from our customers requests to our support    

(01-13-2011 01:44 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  And by that time, you're going to have a huge volume of legit users, and detecting the relatively small number of bots that attempt to solve the puzzles will hardly blip on your radar (assuming you still do manual monitoring at that point - which I'm sure you won't - the costs of this will be exceedingly high).
The costs of changing a captcha does not depend on number of users. They are all on our KeyCAPTCHA  servers.
When we change captcha the customers that already installed it do not need to reinstall it.
When new type appears (like puzzle that appeared in December, 2010), they just need to enter their setting webpage on our server and choose if they want additonal type to be sent to through their already installed KeyCAPTCHA ar as well by choosing from a set of values (currently, they are "All", "Pairs of objects", "Puzzle) in "CAPTCHA type" dropdown list.

(01-13-2011 01:44 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(01-13-2011 11:22 AM)Banalyst Wrote:  In essence the question is not whether it is theoretically possible to pass our protection but by which comparative cost and  who is going to always win this competition
That's essentially the case with ordinary captchas (significantly more difficult to solve by computer than to generate by computer), and will be the same with KeyCAPTCHA
Can you give me any examples of widely spread or even any  captcha service that has changed its type of captcha or permits its change on the fly (for customers who already had it installed)?
We can change the type of our KeyCAPTCHA in a very short time.

Gennady
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011 06:38 PM by Banalyst.)
01-13-2011 03:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid stupid registration question - Banalyst - 01-13-2011 03:29 PM

Standard Tools