Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 XThreads & Site Index
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: XThreads & Site Index
(12-31-2010 04:29 AM)leefish Wrote:  yes RateU - thats a good accordion too, this is why I used a NON jQuery accordion (the one I grabbed as an example was javascript and a VERY small file size) so we would not have to worry about jQuery conflicting.

Good? I don't know. I just pick a random one. Personally, I prefer to use jQuery. But because it is only a demo site, I don't want to spend all my time to modify it. If I have some free time (I don't have much unfortunately), I prefer to spend it to think and create XThreads example application. With it, I hope I can help Yumi and other members here. At least, I can share it. If I don't have any idea for what XThreads application to be created, I prefer to spend my free time to take care my (not mine, actually) real forums. If there is not something I would do in the real forums, that's the time I will spend my time there.

(12-31-2010 04:29 AM)leefish Wrote:  My point was to show that making an index page like yours is a case of looking at a page and seeing what is there and then applying the plugins mods etc. Some people find a two column layout hard to do, so I showed a two column layout.

Actually, we have it in some Xthreads example applications. Unfortunately, no one cares to "read" it. Even we have three column in Article Gallery.

(12-31-2010 04:29 AM)leefish Wrote:  I'm NOT going to dissect your index page and rebuild it and publish it.....that seems a rather rude thing to do. Wink

I don't mind if people dissect, rebuild and publish it. What's wrong with that? As I said, what's the good thing from the index page? I didn't kidding when asked it Tongue Please do that if you want. I don't care about it Tongue No one can prevent anyone to duplicate our pages.

But yeah, I like to design a page that most admins don't like to design it. For example, most admins prefer to design Portal page, but I prefer to design index page. If you view the demo site's portal page, there is only news bar and a modified MyBB default latest thread box there. Other example, I like to design my Quick Thread layout. You can try to click the newthread button in this forum: http://www.14.mynie.co.cc/forumdisplay.php?fid=33 Other modification I like to do is UserCP. I know that it is one of a bunch negative side from me. Doing something which is not popular. But sometimes, we need to do something out of the box, right? Tongue

12-31-2010 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
(12-31-2010 09:45 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(12-31-2010 04:29 AM)leefish Wrote:  I'm NOT going to dissect your index page and rebuild it and publish it.....that seems a rather rude thing to do. Wink

I don't mind if people dissect, rebuild and publish it. What's wrong with that? As I said, what's the good thing from the index page? I didn't kidding when asked it Tongue Please do that if you want. I don't care about it Tongue No one can prevent anyone to duplicate our pages.

No, we can't stop people, but I won't be copying your index - one because I prefer to use portal, and two because I would like to try and make my own thing(s).

Re modifications - Yea, I like to have a custom new thread for XThreads enabled forums, but my goal is not to mod the forum - its to make the content for it. I do what admin stuff I HAVE to do -  and by HAVE to do thats what I define as having to do Wink

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
12-31-2010 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterZuFu Offline
So, what exactly should I do though?

01-02-2011 05:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
(01-02-2011 05:23 AM)MasterZuFu Wrote:  So, what exactly should I do though?

I don't know. It depends on what exactly you want to do?
If you want the accordion, you need to "integrate" it to your forum.

01-04-2011 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools