Hide Hack?
x-Treme Offline
Hide Hack?
The hide hack that is included with xthreads that hides a forum or category from the index...is it available as a separate plugin? I need to hide a certain category from appearing on the index, but I don't need all the other features of xthreads.

Any possible help with this? Anyway to use templates and conditionals maybe?
I've tried everything I know of trying to accomplish this, but no luck so far.

Forum Freebies
01-12-2011 03:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TriTop Offline
RE: Hide Hack?
It so happens I have made it right now. Dont forget to edit inc/functions_forumlist.php! I know its a little bit dirty. Sorry I cant do it better. Maybe one of the professionals here can take a final touch.

Attached File(s)
.7z  hideonindex.7z (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 348)
01-12-2011 04:33 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Just out of interest:
(01-12-2011 03:19 AM)x-Treme Wrote:  but I don't need all the other features of xthreads.
Then just simply not use them?

My Blog
01-13-2011 09:17 AM
x-Treme Offline
The reason I'm not using xthreads on this particular site is because something is conflicting with it...just not sure what it is yet. I've uninstalled my plugins, but still not working correctly. I am now going through the different jquery and javascript in the theme. I will find it, it's just taking some time.

Just wondering if there was a quick hack I could use until I had time to check everything out.
I'd provide a link, but it's not my site...I'm just an admin on there and it's by invitation only. Maybe I can check with the owner to see if we can get some outside help to see what's causing the conflict.

Forum Freebies
01-13-2011 11:13 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
It'd be great if you could figure out the conflict so I can see if a workaround is available.
Thanks.

My Blog
01-13-2011 01:48 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools