Anyone interested in forking mybb?
envira Offline
RE: Anyone interested in forking mybb?
(03-02-2011 12:55 AM)techu Wrote:  I also think mybb needs facelift. I think mybb`s profile needs to be overhauled, the profile is too simple. Moreover I do not like the buddy system either....
The portal is also kind of useless and I do not think not many people use it, profile also needs to an update.

yeah i do agree with you,the profile system should be made more ease.
When i started my college discussion forum,i was excited,that i can get lot of nice stuff,posted by my members,as i like mybb pretty much.

Although it runs smoothly,with nice traffic,it didnt attracted many,due to the main reason,that they found it dull,and they cant share any thing like as they do in social networking.

i dont say that i want to add a social network to myb,but the present day users mindset at the end of day is like,they want something more than a forum discussions.

Anyway,the profile system needs to be developed,and thanks to Tomm of XEKKO,who is really working hard to make the plugin called "MY NETWORK"
its gonna be a big surplus for mybb,as its being a free release.

So in version 2 we really suggest the need of so called Forum networking.

i think we should start a thread in mybb.com so it would be considered if all of you post the suggestion for a network there in that site.

thank you
03-02-2011 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Anyone interested in forking mybb? - techu - 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM
RE: Anyone interested in forking mybb? - envira - 03-02-2011 02:02 AM

Standard Tools