Anyone interested in forking mybb?
Lich_king2 Offline
RE: Anyone interested in forking mybb?
(03-03-2011 05:22 AM)leefish Wrote:  
(03-03-2011 04:39 AM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  .... and some of them aren't money worth. Smile

Its free software.

(03-03-2011 04:39 AM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  Also the profile system is rather dull. Buddy system isn't useful at all. Also Prototype must go out.

all earmarked for MYBB 2.0.

When will that be - I don't know. Will your fork be out before it?
I'm an application developer currently. I can provide help with some things here and there but I'm not full fledged PHP developer. Plus I'm currently building open source Steam alternative service called Vapor, along with Desura and other services. After that project I may reconsider to restart the work on the fork. (The only work done was, lighter theme, tabbed profiles, and jquery, before I returned to my software development.) Currently I'm busy with this project, but if I get time, and in case I can't dedicate myself fully to the fork, I'm eager to help anyone that may decide to fork this project on other stuff, support and some bug fixes. As I said nothing is set in stone and it still depends if everything will go as planned.
Envira: Yeah I used English Discuz! and it was actually awesome. I was impressed what was included in forum package. Unbelievable good software, which with full English support could be great!

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2011 06:39 AM by Lich_king2.)
03-03-2011 06:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Anyone interested in forking mybb? - techu - 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM
RE: Anyone interested in forking mybb? - Lich_king2 - 03-03-2011 06:35 AM

Standard Tools