WYSIWYG Javascript conflicting
English Muffin Offline
WYSIWYG Javascript conflicting
http://mods.mybb.com/view/wysiwyg-editor

Hello, I am using a plugin that is a WYSIWYG editor for My MyBB forum (Link above) however there is a slight problem. When activated, all javascript in a post (The quick edit, report post, quick quote, etc) doesn't work. I believe there is some javascript conflicting, any way to fix this?

Thanks,
03-06-2011 01:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techu Offline
RE: WYSIWYG Javascript conflicting
(03-06-2011 01:50 AM)ccalby Wrote:  http://mods.mybb.com/view/wysiwyg-editor

Hello, I am using a plugin that is a WYSIWYG editor for My MyBB forum (Link above) however there is a slight problem. When activated, all javascript in a post (The quick edit, report post, quick quote, etc) doesn't work. I believe there is some javascript conflicting, any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Open header include template and check if <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1600"></script> and <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1600"></script>
line exsist and also check if the link to <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/thread.js?ver=1600"></script>
is ok in showthread template..

[Image: banner.png]
03-06-2011 02:31 AM
English Muffin Offline
(03-06-2011 02:31 AM)techu Wrote:  
(03-06-2011 01:50 AM)ccalby Wrote:  http://mods.mybb.com/view/wysiwyg-editor

Thanks,

Open header include template and check if <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1600"></script> and <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1600"></script>
line exsist and also check if the link to <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/thread.js?ver=1600"></script>
is ok in showthread template..
They are all there and the javascript in posts with the quick edit, quote, etc all work fine when the plugin is deactivated but not when activated.
03-06-2011 03:04 AM
techu Offline
I took look at the code and found that it deactivates multiquote due to some bugs. More over it does not change template to insert the js but it loads it on go(i mean by modifying the html of the output page). The quick edit does not work because the plugin removes the thread.js that is responsible for it...

03-06-2011 03:19 AM
English Muffin Offline
OK, thats fine thanks Techu. However any noticable reason for the report posts problem?
03-06-2011 03:20 AM
techu Offline
(03-06-2011 03:20 AM)ccalby Wrote:  OK, thats fine thanks Techu. However any noticable reason for the report posts problem?
Sorry did`nt get your questain!..

open global templates and wysiwyg_quickreply and add <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/thread.js"></script>
This will fix the quick edit problem, but multi quote wont work...

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 03:26 AM by techu.)
03-06-2011 03:25 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I think I tried that one before.  I had a number of bugs from memory, which is one reason I don't use it.

My Blog
03-06-2011 08:55 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools