Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
 Database Issues
MasterZuFu Offline
Database Issues
I recently had to redo my ENTIRE database. I'm trying to get my stuff from xthreads imported into my new database, but it's givng me a lot of hassel. Can someone please help me here? I don't know what tables, columns, rows, etc. to export or how to import them properly without getting duplicate errors, unkown column errors, and the like.

Any help would be appreciative because if I don't get these I have to rebuild EVERYTHING from scratch which isn't easy with xthreads!!!

04-14-2011 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Database Issues
Perhaps if you could explain what you mean by "rebuilding" it may help to understand what you're trying to do exactly.

My Blog
04-14-2011 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterZuFu Offline
All my applications I've built with XThreads. I have to make each and every little custom thread field individually. If I can't import these tables then I have to redo all of them, and that's a LOT of work.

04-14-2011 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Import from what?
If it's a complete database backup, you just reload it all into the database and everything should work*.  Is that what you're trying to do?

* You may wish to install MyBB first, install XThreads, then load in the DB backup.

My Blog
04-14-2011 11:54 AM
MasterZuFu Offline
no, it's not unfortunately my site was hacked last week and I can't trust my database anymore. so i exported specific tables and whatnot, as much as I could find. it's just giving me duplication error and whatnot when I import it to the new install of mybb

04-14-2011 12:20 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I'm not sure I can really help with partially importing tables.  You're probably bound to get issues whether you realise them immediately or not (unfortunately, MyBB does not enforce integrity constraints at the DB level).
Threadfields should mostly import fine I'd say.  If it's templates, well just redo them I guess.  Maybe you could pull in templates in the Global Templateset only.

My Blog
04-14-2011 12:26 PM
MasterZuFu Offline
Well, the templates are fine. It's the threadfields I'm having trouble with. I just can't import anything at all from xthreads because I just don't know which tables to import and which ones not to.

I ended up having to reinstall xthreads entirely, but I don't know what tables I need to export from my old database and import into the new database. Could you tell me what tables xthreads manipulates? or heck, even better, would you be able to write a short sql query that would allow me to export all of xthreads and then another query to drop all of xthreads so that I can properly import ONLY xthreads and everything else will be left alone? It just keeps throwing duplicate table errors at me or unknown column and crap like that. It's just annoying that there's no way to import an old mybb database into a new one. >_>

04-16-2011 06:59 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Look at the install script.
XThreads creates three tables, threadfields, threadfields_data and xtattachments.
It also alters the forums table.

If your tids are consistent, drop the tables that XThreads creates and load them in from your backup.  After that, rebuild the threadfields cache.
Manually copying forum settings is probably the easiest though.

My Blog
04-18-2011 09:20 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools