Check out the modified portal
techu Offline
Wink Check out the modified portal
I need a cms for my site. I was thinking about wordpress etc. But later thought that xthread can easily make a thread and forum look like a cms. But the problem was that how to put those news on index. Then I remembered Mybb`s default portal and thought of using it is the index, nut I needed a little more features so I decided to modify the portal.
Check it out at:  http://techedze.com/index.php Smile
This portal supports multi-page, short announcement and can show threads from any forum using fid in the url.
I am still working on it and right now there are few bugs in it.

[Image: banner.png]
05-02-2011 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Check out the modified portal
That is looking very sharp - I tried the multipaging on the portal but it added all the multipage templates (un cached) and whacked 7 queries onto my main page. Did you fix that?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-02-2011 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techu Offline
(05-02-2011 05:40 PM)leefish Wrote:  That is looking very sharp - I tried the multipaging on the portal but it added all the multipage templates (un cached) and whacked 7 queries onto my main page. Did you fix that?

Yup. All you have to do is to add

Code:
$templatelist .= ",multipage_prevpage,multipage_nextpage,multipage_page_current,multipage_page,multipage_start,multipage_end,multipage";

Mybb`s default portal makes total 16 queries and this one makes total 18 queries.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 06:33 PM by techu.)
05-02-2011 06:19 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Thank you Techu - I will have a go at adding that back in - the only reason I did not go with the paging was the queries, so that's great.

Maybe we should have the reputation system on here - I would definitely have repped that post Smile

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-02-2011 09:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techu Offline
(05-02-2011 09:10 PM)leefish Wrote:  Thank you Techu - I will have a go at adding that back in - the only reason I did not go with the paging was the queries, so that's great.

Maybe we should have the reputation system on here - I would definitely have repped that post Smile

I guess you use proportal. Does`nt it already got multi-pagination feature??

05-02-2011 11:19 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Nope - I use the standard mybb portal, I just modified it a bit. My server is down at the moment, but you can usually see it on http://www.leefish.nl

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-02-2011 11:51 PM
techu Offline
(05-02-2011 11:51 PM)leefish Wrote:  Nope - I use the standard mybb portal, I just modified it a bit. My server is down at the moment, but you can usually see it on http://www.leefish.nl

oh..
I have visited your site before. you portal looks awesome. Smile

05-03-2011 12:23 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Well, I am super impressed by the way you have tabbed your portal announcements - its a nice trick. My portal has ...A LOT of queries Smile But I have two galleries on there and a feature portal thing.

What I was looking at doing was trying to incorporate the portal announcements to index with pagination. That would give many forums the best of both worlds.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-03-2011 12:57 AM
techu Offline
(05-03-2011 12:57 AM)leefish Wrote:  Well, I am super impressed by the way you have tabbed your portal announcements - its a nice trick.

Thanks. But I need to be fix it as anyone can access any forum just by changing the fid.

(05-03-2011 12:57 AM)leefish Wrote:  My portal has ...A LOT of queries Smile But I have two galleries on there and a feature portal thing.
What I was looking at doing was trying to incorporate the portal announcements to index with pagination. That would give many forums the best of both worlds.

That is a great idea but that would just double the query on the index.

05-03-2011 01:23 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Hmm, but on the portal, the portal announcements is only one query is it not? So it would be to hook into the portal settings for the number of announcments and then the query. Or not? Basically remake the query, but for index.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-03-2011 02:06 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools