MyBB Hacks

Full Version: Forking mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to let everyone know we are going to fork mybb finally.

If u are interested in helping ..please let me know.

The site will be done sometime tomm
If I were to make a suggestion, I really think you should pitch the purpose/aim of the fork and perhaps do some changes that you can show off before bothering about a site.
The fork has been an idea of mine for a while now and really a mixture of things but here are some reasons I cannot stand the current version.

1. Mybb management is poor
2. Mybb community is young, immature and reflects badly towards the product itself
3. Layouts are oddly placed: profiles, admin cp and some more here and there
4. Poor portal system
5. No cms

I realize this is forum software so some of these things do not matter to some...but hence why I want to expand it.

Thanks zinga
So one reason you are forking it is, basically, because it was created by kids? That sound immature to me.
My reason for posting here was informational purposes not to explain my reasoning for the fork.
Thanks for the input.
If anyone is interested in helping out or want to check out the progress of the project:

http://www.arcbb.com

(Always looking for active coders, themers etc...)
why not code something from scratch, why fork?
Sadly I'm not a coder...
So how do you plan in maintain this project free of bugs or similar things?
(03-21-2012 01:44 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]So how do you plan in maintain this project free of bugs or similar things?

+1

How can one fork a project without knowing how to code!?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's