MyBB Hacks

Full Version: New to MyBB and Xthreads and Having a Lot of Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have recently started working on a new website for teacher ratings and instead of having boxes for subject and message, I want to have a bunch of different options, so the teachers can be rated on a scale of 1 to 5 in different areas.

I am using Xthreads, but I am new to MyBB and I am finding it very difficult to use. After I finally got Xthreads installed, I created a field for overall rating. I got it to appear correctly on the "add reply" screen, but not the "post thread" screen because I only want the field to appear when posting a reply, not a thread. This is the first problem.

The next problem is that when viewing the reply the rating appeared in the wrong spot (before the username), so I inserted it into the correct spot by editing the post bit, which worked fine. But it still appears in the wrong spot. How can I remove this? Is it saved in a template somewhere?

Also, I decided that I wanted to create a new theme and template because I did not want to mess up the default one. I couldn't figure out how to make a copy of  the template. So I just created a new template set and created a new theme to go with it. But using the new theme, the Xthread field won't show up at all. Did installing Xthreads modify the defalult template set? How can I get it to modify the new one I just made the same way.

Please PM me if you need Admin login details. Thank you for your help. Smile
Firstly, XThreads is a thread extension, not a post extension, so you can't attach fields to posts.
The "ratings" you see in the various examples are for thread starters to fill out, they aren't tallied by users who reply.

If you aren't familiar with the MyBB template system, please familiarise yourself with it.
You can find a list of modified/added templates in both the XThreads release thread and the documentation that's included in the download package.
(08-26-2013 03:46 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, XThreads is a thread extension, not a post extension, so you can't attach fields to posts.
The "ratings" you see in the various examples are for thread starters to fill out, they aren't tallied by users who reply.

If you aren't familiar with the MyBB template system, please familiarise yourself with it.
You can find a list of modified/added templates in both the XThreads release thread and the documentation that's included in the download package.

So their is no way to make Xthreads show different fields on the "Add Reply" page than the "Create Thread" page. I need to do this somehow. Are their any modifications or plugins for Xthreads to add this feature. Or even another MyBB plugin?
No to all questions.
(09-05-2013 06:37 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]No to all questions.

Would this be easy to make? How much should I pay a programmer for it?

It doesn't make sense that we have this nice popular plug-in for making custom threads, but nothing for replies.
Reference URL's