MyBB Hacks

Full Version: New mybb theme with overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I started designing a new mybb theme that contains overlay and stuff. Here is screenshot:

In buddy-list appears in an overlay rather than a pop up.. It is not finished yet I will add more stuff to it...

Any suggestion is appreciated.Smile
And thing else you guys might want me to add!..
Looks nice, but it's just Facebox, and we've already got a nicer way of doing modal boxes for 2.0.
(03-03-2011 07:47 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice, but it's just Facebox, and we've already got a nicer way of doing modal boxes for 2.0.
Ya it is.. Cannot wait for 2.0 sneakpeek...Biggrin

Any idea when it is going to be in dev site??
It looks neat Techu - I like it. Of course, what I am really hoping is that mybb 2.0 will have the nifty popup quick reply that Tomm has on Xekko. Of course, that popup quick reply needs an extra click to open it, but its slick as heck.
Very nice, Techu Smile
I did the similar thing to the Quick Thread in my forum some times ago:
http://www.14.mynie.co.cc/forumdisplay.php?fid=33
Click the newthread button.

Because MyBB use Prototype, so I tried to create it with prototype.
I just use a very simple code and CSS.
And because I don't use a ready to use script, and I have a very very limited knowledge, so, probably it is not a nice design Biggrin

I think it is more easier to do this with jQuery.
Looks really good RateU Smile
that`s nice RateU. Smile
I also dont know much about jS scripts so used a readymade script facebox, it uses jquery..

Some more screenshot: Biggrin
[attachment=455]
guest view
[attachment=456]
overlay login form
[attachment=457]
member view
[attachment=458]
user overlay
[attachment=459]
buddylist overlay
[attachment=460]
css buttons
Great, Techu Smile
Maybe you can use it to the attachment box too (not quite sure when the last time I did it to the attachments box, thread subscription and the poll option Biggrin).
Just a suggestion Smile
The new thread popup looks nice.
I wouldn't like it for quick reply though - the extra click is enough to discourage me, not to mention its reliance on Javascript.
(03-04-2011 06:09 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Great, Techu Smile
Maybe you can use it to the attachment box too (not quite sure when the last time I did it to the attachments box, thread subscription and the poll option Biggrin).
Just a suggestion Smile

Wont be putting an overlay on new thread because we need quick thread plugin for that..
But will use it for thread subscription...Smile

By attachment box do you mean in post the thumbnails will be shown in an overlay or you mean the attachment box that we use to upload attachment??
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's