Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up
MyBB Us3r Offline
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up
I think what he's trying to say is that he feels as though the community is not really giving back.

To a certain extent he has a point, I took a look at his thread and saw tons of requests as well as complaints about bugs.

But yet hardly anyone tried to solve it themselves, the problem is that a lot of people using MyBB aren't coders, including myself, thus we have to rely on others. And it tends to get overwhelming helping them all out...

However, it's sad to hear that Zinga Burga won't be as active any more in the plugin scene and especially in MyPlaza, I personally think he's a great person. He helped me out with my requests, and even answered my questions via PM without any problems. You don't find many people like that.

I've also helped various people out with other aspects (non-coding) in not only MyBB but other sites too, and found that while some give an attempt to help back, others just say "thanks" and disappear.. That's how it is in the offline world too unfortunately...Anyway, at least we now know that MyBB has potential, and that we just need to find the right people. Perhaps another good coder will read this and decide to help out Burga, and maybe he'll continue developing.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2008 12:28 PM by MyBB Us3r.)
02-04-2008 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user
Unregistered

Hi ZB,

Yep! the attitude at MyBB Community wears one down from time to time, if not most of the time. MyBB needs to stabilise its code for a long period and not keep upgrading and breaking everything that others have made for it. Blame the "Management" for the lack of / and loss of coders who were once interested in MyBB but eventually tired of continually upgrading their work, and for what? Just to do it all over again and again. MyBB and some of the dyed-in-the-wool senior members / mods there are of the opinion that MyBB is the greatest thing since sliced-bread! and seem to expect that everyone else should think the same; and that they should contribute a lot of time for not even so much as a thank you. Such as it is. Frown

Even the Beta-Testers they ask to participate are treated like idiots by he who-sits-on-tall-buildings yelling to the world how good he is. Frown

Quote:Hmm, instead of trying to say a lot of nice words, I'll try to give a suggestion.  Perhaps you may want to consider a different style   Do something odd, out of the blue.  You can sometimes learn some interesting things that way, even if you don't like the end result.
I dunno, I like to try different things at times, which is one reason why I've decided to move on.

Good suggestion, as any other experience is a valuable tool to build on. Smile

Quote:My project, MyBBThemes, was not intended to be a competitor either. Not to all the big designers who can code. I was simply interested in giving the communities more themes, but people are making it a competition to see who can design the best, and the fastest. I'm not in it for that.

I agree with the fact that I also will be departing from the MyBB Community before long. I am losing interest in making themes, plus some of my experiences with the staff there haven't been the best. Not something I'd want to repeat.

I couldn't agree more, and that's why I've gone here - all by myself - doing my own thing. Wink

http://myphp-bb.com/community/

I like to make themes, but I don't like the way parasites just come and take them without so much as a thank you for the effort one puts into these things.

MyBB also has nothing suitable to control access and downloads; but one day it may come of age if it can get enough slaves to do its bidding for little or no thanks.

End of Bitching!

Sorry to see you pulling the plug ZB - But after reading what I just wrote, I gave myself more reasons to do the same thing. Smile
02-06-2008 12:18 PM
siopk Offline
ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up

I loved every single plug-in you have made for mybb
You are the best
02-06-2008 12:23 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
124.171.100.121 Wrote:Yep! the attitude at MyBB Community wears one down from time to time, if not most of the time. MyBB needs to stabilise its code for a long period and not keep upgrading and breaking everything that others have made for it. Blame the "Management" for the lack of / and loss of coders who were once interested in MyBB but eventually tired of continually upgrading their work, and for what? Just to do it all over again and again. MyBB and some of the dyed-in-the-wool senior members / mods there are of the opinion that MyBB is the greatest thing since sliced-bread! and seem to expect that everyone else should think the same; and that they should contribute a lot of time for not even so much as a thank you. Such as it is. Frown
I'm going to have to disagree with you there.  Most plugins work fine even after upgrades.  Only things break if we go across major releases.
It's very difficult to keep compatibility if you want to continually improve a product.
I don't mind if people don't say "thankyou" or similar.  I give things away for free without that expectation.  It's the internet after all.  I do, however, mind idiotic complaints and requests.

My Blog
02-06-2008 01:30 PM
ahero4heor Offline
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with you there.  Most plugins work fine even after upgrades.  Only things break if we go across major releases.
It's very difficult to keep compatibility if you want to continually improve a product.
I don't mind if people don't say "thankyou" or similar.  I give things away for free without that expectation.  It's the internet after all.  I do, however, mind idiotic complaints and requests.

That kind of pisses me off too... but I like to give back what I have taken. I used to think authors appreciated the little "thanks. Smile" comments, and they took it all in and made themselves one happy person that way. I became a designer and I do like the thanks, but it just isn't the same... You wan them to recognize and contribute to you work. Thay have to mean what they say. This may not be true for you, but it certainly is an ideal outcome for my work...
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2008 11:08 AM by ahero4heor.)
02-07-2008 11:06 AM
RR2 Offline
It helps if you know the person is sincere in their "thanks" comments. If you know they're not, it doesn't make you very happy. Tongue

~ RR2
02-08-2008 05:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
ahero4heor Offline
Actually, yeah that's the truth... For me at least.
02-08-2008 12:36 PM
DCR Offline
Oh my Oh my..

Zinga Burga is now part of the MyBB Team. Congratulations! You really deserve it.
02-09-2008 02:16 PM
goindex Offline
Big Grin RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up
DCR Wrote:Oh my Oh my..

Zinga Burga is now part of the MyBB Team. Congratulations! You really deserve it.

Yipi
Congratulations!

Good news !
YesWink

My Site | My Posts | My Profil | My Favorites Plugins
02-09-2008 03:17 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I guess I'll be staying around then Tongue

Thanks.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008 06:28 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
02-09-2008 06:28 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools