Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 New to MyBB and Xthreads and Having a Lot of Problems
flyoffacliff Offline
New to MyBB and Xthreads and Having a Lot of Problems
Hello,

I have recently started working on a new website for teacher ratings and instead of having boxes for subject and message, I want to have a bunch of different options, so the teachers can be rated on a scale of 1 to 5 in different areas.

I am using Xthreads, but I am new to MyBB and I am finding it very difficult to use. After I finally got Xthreads installed, I created a field for overall rating. I got it to appear correctly on the "add reply" screen, but not the "post thread" screen because I only want the field to appear when posting a reply, not a thread. This is the first problem.

The next problem is that when viewing the reply the rating appeared in the wrong spot (before the username), so I inserted it into the correct spot by editing the post bit, which worked fine. But it still appears in the wrong spot. How can I remove this? Is it saved in a template somewhere?

Also, I decided that I wanted to create a new theme and template because I did not want to mess up the default one. I couldn't figure out how to make a copy of  the template. So I just created a new template set and created a new theme to go with it. But using the new theme, the Xthread field won't show up at all. Did installing Xthreads modify the defalult template set? How can I get it to modify the new one I just made the same way.

Please PM me if you need Admin login details. Thank you for your help. Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 10:45 AM by flyoffacliff.)
08-26-2013 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
New to MyBB and Xthreads and Having a Lot of Problems - flyoffacliff - 08-26-2013 10:40 AM

Standard Tools