What is the legal age to run a site?
Harry Offline
RE: What is the legal age to run a site?
(06-28-2010 04:30 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Whatever you say, regardless of it being right or not, is completely useless if no one cares.  No one cares about age laws on the internet, and I don't see anyone enforcing anything on the regards, so it's pointless.  Besides, how does one confirm the age of the other party?  I doubt you know or can confirm my age with any certainty.

As for MyBB trying to appeal to larger businesses, perhaps paid support is a way to go.  I personally don't think MyBB should target larger businesses at this point - it's not their strength.  Age has little to do with this.  If I were to provide paid support over the internet, there's no contract I sign anywhere, though there's still an implicit contract, similar to one buying something from a store.

Reason nobody has really cared is because nobody ( atleast ) in the forum software industry is about to do what MYBB is talking about doing. Again this is why artist/musicians have adults/legal guardians handle their copyright stuff and contracts. The minor cannot. Sure MYBB/PLugin/theme authors could take the i don't care approach. Again though none of their work will be  protected. ALL copyright laws work the same and a copyright is a binding contract which a minor cant enter into.

As for your question i should not have to worry about how old they are. I wont use it regardless. This is  another reason why i don't bother with the paid stuff. Too much of a hassle. When it comes to minors i don't like to take chances. Hopefully you understand that. That's not on me but more so them anyways. Basically don't complain if someone come along and steals their work if the license was not properly done. Either way nothing changes as far as legalities go vs what we have now if MYBB goes with LGPL. Changes for adults and that is it. I don't make these laws. Just explaining them. Personally i think alot of our laws in this country are outdated. Times and people have changed. All i can do is vote for change.

Your example is still not the same. Again no NAME is signed on a contract etc. Tongue

Honestly it is no biggie to me what people do. I am free to avoid it if i so wish. Just explaining how this stuff works. MYBB is looking into doing something nobody else has in the forum industry. None of us really knows what will happen but something to keep in mind i suppose.
06-28-2010 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the legal age to run a site? - Harry - 06-28-2010 05:35 PM

Standard Tools