Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up
Firstly, thanks a lot everyone, for providing support and for your kind words.  It is really nice for me to see people like you guys Smile

blueparukia Wrote:Now with this I do agree with Zinga. Look at Ryan Ashbrook's inventory shop - nearly a year of development (on and off) - with barely any reception by the community.
It's surprising to see how dedicated Ryan is.  I'm not - I don't think I could sustain any project for a year...
I don't want to put people down, but on the programming side, it's not the best.  Ryan isn't exactly an experienced coder, so I wouldn't expect it to be great anyway.
But really, he has put in an amazing amount of effort.

blueparukia Wrote:I have always wished to use MyPlaza on my forums, but as I am not releasing any forum until 1.4 is out, and MyPlaza may not be upgraded, then I'll use Ryan's Inventory Shop.
I'll probably update it for MyBB 1.4.
MyPlaza was developed with 1.4 in mind.  I'll probably have to do some minor changes, as well as modify the wrapper functions.
The largest component would be the AdminCP.
Interestingly, some of MyBB 1.4's features were present in 1.2.12...

dvb Wrote:ohhhh please ZiNgA BuRgA....AwwOuch
what will be with your plugins?
I'll probably continue to provide support here, and possibly continue to answer requests here.  However, I'm planning to slow down development, and probably won't bother with support at the MyBB Community soon.

RR2 Wrote:I know, I know, I was one of those "stupid" people to install MyPlaza on my production board. Tongue But hey, I really liked it.
Not really.  You at least tested it out beforehand.  And most of the issues you were having, I later found out were because of other plugins.
Plus, when you did request support, you were very kind Smile

RR2 Wrote:And since, if anyone's noticed lately, that LeX- has closed his forum and moved on from developing plugins (apparently) there will obviously be another lack of great mods, which is why I encourage you to continue, if you're still interested.
Thanks for the encouragement.  Unfortunately, I'm not a committed person, unlike others.  I don't feel a need to help the community, generally.  I like communities which give away stuff for free, which is why I helped.
Like you, I don't do it for personal gain.  I don't want a reputation, or to have hundreds of people going "Great!" etc.  However, if something is disliked in general, I'm not so dull to blatantly continue.
But, as mentioned, my primary motivator is my own interest...

RR2 Wrote:I have designed themes with the idea in mind of helping the community, not for my own personal gain. However, some of the reception of my themes have been good, while others very bad. I've been being told lately that if I don't improve my design "style" and become like the other designers who can code their themes, my themes will become hated and unused.
Hmm, instead of trying to say a lot of nice words, I'll try to give a suggestion.  Perhaps you may want to consider a different style Tongue  Do something odd, out of the blue.  You can sometimes learn some interesting things that way, even if you don't like the end result.
I dunno, I like to try different things at times, which is one reason why I've decided to move on.
I hadn't done any sort of web development, about 8 months ago.

RR2 Wrote:My project, MyBBThemes, was not intended to be a competitor either. Not to all the big designers who can code. I was simply interested in giving the communities more themes, but people are making it a competition to see who can design the best, and the fastest. I'm not in it for that.

I agree with the fact that I also will be departing from the MyBB Community before long. I am losing interest in making themes, plus some of my experiences with the staff there haven't been the best. Not something I'd want to repeat.
That's sad to hear.  If you do, I hope we can keep in contact Smile

RR2 Wrote:I'll end this with the fact that you make awesome plugins, and I for one appreciate the time and effort spent on them. Smile
Thanks a lot.  You've certainly dedicated much of your life to (excellent) designs, and I'm sure the majority of the MyBB Community enjoys them Biggrin

Thanks again everyone!

My Blog
02-03-2008 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - ZiNgA BuRgA - 02-03-2008 01:50 PM
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - 124.171.100.121 - 02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - Mark - 02-25-2008, 06:53 AM
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - Tikitiki - 02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - 85.108.33.67 - 03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - Guest - 03-19-2008, 02:15 AM
RE: ZiNgA BuRgA - Please, don't give up - Guest - 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Standard Tools