Thread Tooltip Preview
Displays a basic preview of a thread in forumdisplay/search in a tooltip.  The tooltip acts like any standard tooltip - it will be shown after the mouse is hovered on the table cell containing the thread title.  (will also do it for thread title text itself if the user is not a moderator, in which case, the "click and hold to edit" will override the thread tooltip)

This will also display a tooltip preview for the last post, when the user hovers the mouse on the last post cell in forumdisplay/search (note, this doesn't work for the forum index).

Note: this plugin assumes that you're using the UTF-8 character set everywhere (which MyBB somewhat assumes anyway).

As there are clearly a lot of people who don't read the above, I will say this differently.  This DOES work for moderators and administrators, however you need to hover the mouse on the TABLE CELL for it to appear (not the actual thread link).
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 07:16 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: threadtooltip-1.33.7z (2.65 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.33
Last Updated: 11-11-2014, 07:14 AM

Downloads: 1,957
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: WTFPLv2
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
nebulos Offline
RE: Thread Tooltip Preview
i get something like this

when i try to rebuild the tooltips

Language englishadmin (/srv/www/public_html/inc/languages/englishadmin) is not installed

dafaq?
it's the latest mybb and there is no such folder and if i add one it wont help
10-06-2012 01:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
Ensure you have all files from the download and that they are in the correct folders. Is your ACP in a language other than english?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
10-06-2012 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
charafweb Offline
Issue
Hi there,

I have a problem: there are some threads that won't show a preview even if they have textual contents (please check this threadlist) .
And some threads show previews that they are not theirs! (please check the thread titled "méthodologie de travail universitaire" in the same threadlist)

I rebuilded the thread tooltips cache many times.

Any Idea why?

la-fac.net
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 05:46 AM by charafweb.)
03-05-2013 03:16 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I can't think of why unfortunately.

My Blog
03-05-2013 12:28 PM
charafweb Offline
(03-05-2013 12:28 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I can't think of why unfortunately.

I uninstalled all plugins and rebuilded the cache, but still have the issue. very strange!

1 question: how do you do to have this plugin active on this forum (MyBB Hacks > MyBB Plugins) only and not on others? I don't have this option in ACP settings.

la-fac.net
03-05-2013 09:42 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
You may wish to try it on a clean board and slowly add customisations to see if you can find what breaks it.

(03-05-2013 09:42 PM)charafweb Wrote:  1 question: how do you do to have this plugin active on this forum (MyBB Hacks > MyBB Plugins) only and not on others? I don't have this option in ACP settings.
That's probably unintentional behaviour.  It won't show if the template replacement happens to fail.

My Blog
03-06-2013 09:17 AM
charafweb Offline
(03-06-2013 09:17 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  You may wish to try it on a clean board and slowly add customisations to see if you can find what breaks it.

(03-05-2013 09:42 PM)charafweb Wrote:  1 question: how do you do to have this plugin active on this forum (MyBB Hacks > MyBB Plugins) only and not on others? I don't have this option in ACP settings.
That's probably unintentional behaviour.  It won't show if the template replacement happens to fail.

Okey, I'll do what you said, Thanks.

la-fac.net
03-06-2013 05:01 PM
Destro Offline
How could I do to display the first post preview only ? Instead of first post and last post like ThreadTooltip now ?

I don't want changes in the post preview. Just like vBB Smile
04-17-2013 12:19 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Just don't hover over the last post column...

My Blog
04-17-2013 10:32 AM
Destro Offline
(04-17-2013 10:32 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Just don't hover over the last post column...

No. I don't ever hover over the last post column because my theme has no last post column Wink2

I mean, how could I modify the code so it can use the first post only. And not need query to get the last post any more.

P/S: So sorry for my english Tongue
04-20-2013 12:57 AM