Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
Bob Jansen Offline
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
(07-15-2010 10:00 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(07-16-2010 02:20 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote:  Basically instead of contacting staff technoman and exdiogene created three public threads (duplicating posts) in the MyBB section with a poll asking members to vote if I should be removed or not. Technically the same as this thread. Threads like those are not welcome at the MyBB community forums. If you have any issues with me or any other staff member please contact Management or Ryan Loos but don't go create public threads.
I'm going to find that difficult to swallow.  People (generally) don't just randomly attack random staff members for no reason.
What happened before what you described, and what's your take on their incentive?
I am not sure what more to say. They believe that my moderation is bad, that I am immature, and that I close wrong the wrong chats. The believe that I am "corrupted" and that I closed their threads down that were asking to vote for which staff member should be fired because I want to limit their freedom of speech. Those threads are inappropriate and disrespectful. If you are having a problem with one of the staff members contact Ryan Loos or MattR but don't go wild on the forums and great duplicated threads. You guys can't just talk trash about staff members in the public, we are just volunteers that enable you to use this great piece of software and I am not sure what more you want from us. I can't pull money from my ass you know.

(07-16-2010 09:54 PM)Technoman Wrote:  
(07-16-2010 09:38 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  So you're saying that these guys are not allowed to joke, nor have some sort of creative imagination?
you're drawing weird conclusions from it.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I really do NOT think that this is even classfied as a joke Zinga.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me,  A bunch of demented people YES!

Now you understnad a bit more why I would like to see BOB JANSEN taken off the MyBB Support Team quickly before MyBB reputation goes down the drain.
And there you go, the general troll. I am not sure what to do anymore. When we close the thread you scream that you are taking "freedom of speech away" but when us staff reply to the thread you call us "immature". What do you want us to do? Ignore the thread and let you members go wild?
07-17-2010 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user
Lich_king2 Offline
Conclusion: MyBB staff members (not all)are corrupted by payed plugin authors. Yawn. Old issue. Sorry kids, learn to split business from friendship. We need more mature staff. Practically get rid of them all and keep Imad,PolarBear,MattR, and Justin. S. Kids are fine, when they are mature. I will not let kid to make me fool neither will I let myself to listen kid who is a staff member of some bulletin board. I can bet that getting rid of Ryan Gordon alone would move MyBB to more professional level. I won't let the elitist to come and to tell me I'm wrong. If someone has knowledge on something than good for him. Also, because you're MyBB developers doesn't give you the right to be ignorant and rude. Also instead of tracking threads about MyBB, better develop it and leave that to Ryan Loss ,Gordon. Oh and good luck on robotic constructions.
It's sad that staff members try to redem themselves by coming here.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 05:10 AM by Lich_king2.)
07-17-2010 04:50 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Its usually easier in a situation like this to blame me or exdiogene which we have spoken up to now very Maturily concerning the ability of the MyBB Team "BUT" in this exact situation the MyBB Team know themselves that this project manager of theres has brought this upon himself bringing the complete MyBB software down the tubes especially when you got immature children running your site as Team Members.

However, often enough, >>"Management" << is really at fault for Buisness failure in everyday society!!!

This is a very very sad situation that Ryan Gordon himself suffers his Leadership to being shortsighted, incompetent, and bringing MyBB software right to the ground for closure.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 06:23 AM by Technoman.)
07-17-2010 06:07 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I am new to MyBB. I use the community forums a fair bit, and usually I have found staff to be helpful. There are a few trolls on the site, they appear to be allowed to do as they please. However, its not my forum or my program, surely the MyBB mods/developers can choose how they want the site to be? If they are "missing a great business opportunity"- then let them. Its their opportunity. As a user of the MYBB software I am happy with the way the software performs. I am even happier that we have great plugin writers like ZingaBurga who make the software even better.

Regarding Bob and his "behaviour" - I don't think its my place to tell him what to do, how to be more professional etc. Thats up to the forum admin. If users started behaving like trolls on my forum I would ban them - and I have to say I would *probably* have banned Technoman by now.

Yes, the immature behaviour of some users has put me off using the community forum on mybb.com. It hasn't put me off the software though. If I want a well run forum to visit to talk about mybb then I have THIS forum.

EDIT: The poll could do with another option, something like "I don't care."

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 06:34 AM by leefish.)
07-17-2010 06:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Pirata Nervo Offline
(07-17-2010 04:50 AM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  Conclusion: MyBB staff members (not all)are corrupted by payed plugin authors. Yawn. Old issue. Sorry kids, learn to split business from friendship. We need more mature staff. Practically get rid of them all and keep Imad,PolarBear,MattR, and Justin. S. Kids are fine, when they are mature. I will not let kid to make me fool neither will I let myself to listen kid who is a staff member of some bulletin board. I can bet that getting rid of Ryan Gordon alone would move MyBB to more professional level. I won't let the elitist to come and to tell me I'm wrong. If someone has knowledge on something than good for him. Also, because you're MyBB developers doesn't give you the right to be ignorant and rude. Also instead of tracking threads about MyBB, better develop it and leave that to Ryan Loss ,Gordon. Oh and good luck on robotic constructions.
It's sad that staff members try to redem themselves by coming here.

Considering I'm a paid plugin developer, I must not agree with you. I rarely speak to anyone on the team except Bob Jansen and Imad and I never talk to them about my website MyBB-Plugins, except in an interview Bob wanted me to do. So I can say without any problems that I do not have any influence on the team at least that I know of.
07-17-2010 07:08 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
(07-17-2010 06:29 AM)leefish Wrote:  I have to say I would *probably* have banned Technoman by now.

I know I have made some enemies, so what! I have also made some good friends.  I found Zinga's forum to be my home to "Speak" the truth...
Please don't hate me because I speak the truth!
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 07:25 AM by Technoman.)
07-17-2010 07:16 AM
Bob Jansen Offline
(07-17-2010 07:16 AM)Technoman Wrote:  Please don't hate me because I speak the truth!
Please don't hate me because I do my job!

Really? Whistle
07-17-2010 08:44 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(07-17-2010 01:48 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote:  I am not sure what more to say. They believe that my moderation is bad, that I am immature, and that I close wrong the wrong chats. The believe that I am "corrupted" and that I closed their threads down that were asking to vote for which staff member should be fired because I want to limit their freedom of speech.
That's great that (at least think) you understand their beliefs, but do you understand the reasoning behind them?  Again, people don't generally hate without reason.
As a staff member yourself, it's in your personal interest to try and be liked by the general community.  If there is some discontent towards your behaviour, it's a good idea to try to understand why to help resolve these issues.
In many cases, these issues are merely miscommunication between the two parties, and can thus, be resolved if you actually try to understand the incentives behind the other party.  BTW, understanding motives not only helps resolve issues, it can also help you win debates Tongue

My Blog
07-17-2010 08:53 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
(07-17-2010 07:16 AM)Technoman Wrote:  I know I have made some enemies, so what! I have also made some good friends.  I found Zinga's forum to be my home to "Speak" the truth...
Please don't hate me because I speak the truth!

Hi Technoman - I think that English is maybe not your first language? Either that or you are a drama llama.

I never said I hated you - merely that if a user was going around my forum calling my mods corrupt and me incompetent there is a HIGH probability that I would have banned that user. That is what you are doing on MYBB.

For clarity - I don't hate you - I dont even know you Smile

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
07-17-2010 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
(07-17-2010 08:56 AM)leefish Wrote:  A.I think that English is maybe not your first language?

B.Or you are a drama llama.

(Answer)A.Could you check my english? (Maybe I type to fast?)

(Answer)B.No Drama, Im just motivated in away that somewhere inside me I do care to take my time to show MyBB the importance that can serve to motivate MyBB Staff and its futur Leadership, and maybe a curse in that it leads to better mature Staff & Management from now on and the futur..

(07-17-2010 08:56 AM)leefish Wrote:  A.I never said I hated you.

B.Merely that if a user was going around my forum calling my mods corrupt and me incompetent there is a HIGH probability that I would have banned that user. That is what you are doing on MYBB.

(Answer)A. No names were mentioned who hates me, But I did say in reply to you that I do have enemies so what! I also said I have made some good friends!

(Answer)B. I use Zinga's forum for public information sharing. Each time a Staff Member of MyBB abuses there Power without valid reason I will start to post here so that others can listen to my situation and also to whats happening over there behind the scenes.
I have never met in my life a such disorganzied Support Team!
They say use the PM SYSTEM if someone or something is bothering you, which I seem to try but that never works and sometimes the Staff don't even return a reply in months or go see A, no B no C no D no E it never ends......... so what are we supposed to do? I got 60% warning in return with 2 messages saying that I was rude (calling BOB JANSEN "a little brat")  thats the truth and does the truth really hurt?

This thread was made right on time in terms of what is happening over at MyBB at this very moment. Thanks Zinga for allowing us to talk and express!
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 10:38 AM by Technoman.)
07-17-2010 10:19 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools