MyBB.com Attention to All Members
exdiogene Offline
RE: MyBB.com Attention to All Members
Matt,

I am receiving at least 250 emails, 80 PMs and 60 posts to take care off each week. Even if i am developping software most of the week, i never took more than 48 hours to reply to any of them, with 1 or 2 exceptions in the last 5 years!

This is a mature and professionnal way of behaving, like returning a phone call to someone having left a voice-mail message in less than 48 hours is considered a well-behave social trait. But it seem that some young people have different ways to look at life and social behaviors...

How many hours should i personnally take to constantly remind someone of the fact that he did not respond to my message? How many messages should i send to remind him that i am waiting an answer? How long should i wait before understanding that he do not care to reply in a civilized amount of time or reply at all?

Like i wrote precedently, sending PMs to MyBB staff is not working properly and should not be an obligation stated in a new set of rules just for a hidden motive to cut communication with the complaining community members...

Also, it takes me a lot longer, as a french canadian, to write you in good english my full page PM than it take you to respond with a few lines. And i did not considered the welfare of MyBB future to be trivial, as you wrote...

Frown

P.S. Just to be clear i wrote "Honestly, i was trusting you to be a fair and honest staff member, now i am quite worried to have been mistaken..." and your comment "Claiming I'm not fair and honest because I've not replied is just not fair, not replying to a PM does not amount to dishonesty or unfairness." was not based on what I wrote because i wrote that "i am quite worried to have been mistaken". You should not jump to your guns on an accusation that was not formulated! And contrarely to what you believe a fair and honest person will always return his calls and respond to his messages in less than 48 hours, unless something urgent came in the way. Anyway it will never be extended to over two weeks...

P.P.S. Thank you for finally responding to my PM of 07-25-2010, 10:30 AM, i am still waiting your comments on the previous one of 07-19-2010, 04:01 PM, where i was "applauding" your recent actions and I also wait your final answer to the last PM i sent you this morning...
08-01-2010 05:28 AM
Find all posts by this user
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
(08-01-2010 04:50 AM)MattR Wrote:  Wait, are you saying that it's wrong of me to reply to support threads instead of solely replying to your PMs all evening?? I don't know why you're talking about mud or homework, I'm lost on that one.

I knew I get this type of reaction from you. I am merely pointing out that it sucks to be in your shoes acting on defence of Ryan Gordon each time.

MattR why don't you sit back and answer your PM that we send you  < when espcially concerns your idiotic staff for that matter> but then again I see how much your avodiing the actual truth on the wannabe MacGyver himself <Ryan Gordon> who likes to go around and belittle members and then the rest of the Staff follow him then when members go and defend themselves he bans them or he starts deleting there threads or unapproving them. Is it not the RULES somewhere on MyBB that if we have problems with Staff Members to PM another MyBB Staff and when that Staff avoids the PM what are we honeslty supposed to do at that point?

My 4 PM's to you Matt was about Ryan Gordon in the last 3 weeks and how he is treating  people on MyBB forums and NOT once did you respond but Ryan responded and Banned me until August 2 2010  and all he said is go relax little boy, I did nothing on the MyBB forum to deserve a ban what so ever in what I wrote on the forums. I went and checked a few days ago as "Technoman" and my ban has been lifted from August 2 2010 for ever!

Talk about an easy ban for Ryan Gordon and again I have done nothing to get the first Ban let alone the extension.

Aren't ya'll lucky on MyBB  to have a sob like him represent who runs your myBB software? Chris Bolton figured a guy  like <Ryan Gordon> who'd delivers that type of sour behavior over on the MyBB platform suits his position very well, that we all see.

Again whom are we supposed to talk with about our issues or concerns when it invloves other staffers treating memebers the way they are when our PM's never get a responsed to and then we get banned to asking Staff in Pm to whats going on....

MattR can make this very easy for himself, he eathier responds to pms or have someone else outside who has the time to respond to PMs you dont have time MattR then maybe its time somone else takes that position without being so biosed! If it would be the case that all PM would be answered in a decent timeing then My ban from MyBB would never happend the way it did. If you dont have time MattR to repsond to peoples PM then maybe mark that in the rules  and stop telling people to PM Staff if they have problems when none of the Staff have time to repsond to Pms!
08-01-2010 05:49 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
@exdiogene

Hmm, taking into account that you are a French canadian perhaps you are not fully aware that your remarks based on being "fair and honest" can be perceived as a personal attack by the recipient. Not answering a PM/phone call/email has nothing to do with being fair or honest.

Just reading your post makes my heart go out to poor Matt and the rest of the team. I am a moderator on a big forum, and we have some users who really just......torture us. They PM over the littlest thing rather than posting in a forum, and they are "offended" when we don't take action on their smallest request. Its got to the point with some users that I dare not open my PMs - and when I do and see some of the "usual moaners" I just close my PMs and go be depressed somewhere.....

Wake up call - these are volunteers, are not paid. If they get paid then MYBB needs to be paid for too. Their payment at the moment consists of having a nice title...and having to put up with a lot of crap. Great job. Of course, you could say "don't be a moderator then if you don't like the responsibility that goes with it". You could equally say "don't be a user then if you dont like the way a free forum with free software run by unpaid volunteers is run".

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 06:57 AM by leefish.)
08-01-2010 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
exdiogene Offline
Hello leefish,

thank you for your concerns about my english skills and understanding! Wink

In french if someone is not returning your calls, you will say that he is not fair and honest! Mostly because if he was fair he would understand that you took some of your time to contact him and it would be only fair to do the same for yourself. It would not be honest, because if he have some grief toward you and is not responding because of it, it would be a dissimulation and really dishonnest, the same would apply for someone not caring for you as much you care for him, it would not be honnest to not tell you about it!

I believe that the same understanding can be use in english and please correct me if i am wrong. I am 54 years old and i have known many cultures and people of all ages, a fair and honest person would give the same respect to someone showing him respect and deserving it. Having respect to someone or an organisation would sometime ask from someone to tell things that are not easy to tell for the wellbeeing of the person or the group.

I have been a volunteer for over 15 years and have donated an average of 24 hours per week at different organisations as well as my expertise in many fields and i know that some people do not appreciate what a volunteer is doing to its just value. But without telling all about the discussions that went unresponded for weeks/months in the past with several staff people, i will only say that i was engaged with most of them in a serious exchange trying to help the community to brigthen its future for the greater good of MyBB. I was suggesting different strategies to give MyBB a better professionnal and mature look, so they could get the "investors" they are so eagerly waiting to find and get involved in their project.

I am a man always trying to find solutions to problems in a constructive manner, sometime the best solution is difficult to apply, sometime the group have to make up their mind about their principal aim...

I will terminate with this reflection : "Who is your best friend, the one telling you the truth that is hurting you so much to help you or the one always obliging and lying to make you happy?". Young people have the tendancy to say the later, older people would say the first...

Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 07:54 AM by exdiogene.)
08-01-2010 07:44 AM
MattR Offline
(08-01-2010 07:44 AM)exdiogene Wrote:  In french if someone is not returning your calls, you will say that he is not fair and honest! Mostly because if he was fair he would understand that you took some of your time to contact him and it would be only fair to do the same for yourself. It would not be honest, because if he have some grief toward you and is not responding because of it, it would be a dissimulation and really dishonnest, the same would apply for someone not caring for you as much you care for him, it would not be honnest to not tell you about it!

I believe that the same understanding can be use in english and please correct me if i am wrong.

How would I know that saying it's not fair or honest is an error in communication?? :/ That is not how those words would be used in English. Being unfair is treating one person differently to another over the same thing and not being honest means lying to somebody or not being straight with them. Not replying to a PM doesn't fit any of those descriptions at all. Courtesy is the word you're looking for. But again, I didn't not reply due to a lack of courtesy, I purely lost track. If you have never forgotten to do something or lost track of something on any occasion then you should be donated to medical science so we can find out how you do it, because I'm sure we'd all like that ability too.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 08:08 AM by MattR.)
08-01-2010 08:06 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Ah, you see, now you are closer - now you speak of respect, rather than fair or honest. Smile  Sadly, respect is not always automatic.

Being young or old really has nothing to do with it IMO.

Speaking for myself, I often find unsolicited advice on "What is best for me" irritating and condescending. Whats it got to do with anyone else what I do as long as any harm I do is only to myself? Same with MYBB - whats it got to do with you how they run their forum? Anyway, I am actually annoyed with myself for even allowing myself to respond to these posts.......oh well. Carry on Smile

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 08:08 AM by leefish.)
08-01-2010 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
Mybb take your members seriously or memebers will just leave and it will impact the whole community of  MyBB now and in the futur if theres any.

Since we cant talk openly in the MyBB forums and we cant PM MYBB STAFF of problems concering other Staff cause MattR doesnt have the time as hes mentioned over and over and Ryan Gordon unless you suck his ass he Belittle's members and deletes threads as he pleases this is the ONLY place I guess where we can make a huge impact of the MyBB Staff and the Software reputation as it stands and this will be a reflection years to come if MyBB Staff even care!

Therefore, we have attracted, a huge audiance and we will continue to attract much more while this becomes over a few pages long, I have no respect for the current MyBB Staff until there is a change in the current BIOS Staff OF MYBB.  If  MyBB continues to treat their members so well, why are so many of them leaving?
08-01-2010 08:11 AM
MattR Offline
(08-01-2010 05:49 AM)Technoman Wrote:  My 4 PM's to you Matt was about Ryan Gordon in the last 3 weeks and how he is treating  people on MyBB forums and NOT once did you respond

What??

I'm looking at all PMs from you sent in July, so the last 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks. One was about Bob in a reply to a PM from me, I replied to it. Second was telling me to forward a message, no reply necessary. Third was about Bob, didn't reply but did investigate what your bought up. Fourth was linking to a post here, replied. Fifth was about Ryan, which I got at 11 at night and I wanted to go to sleep. Sixth was sent just under an hour after, whilst I was asleep. When I came on the next day you were banned and I wasn't involved with that, I was asleep.

So, no, you didn't send 4 PMs to me about Ryan at all. Apart from the last two PMs, I replied to two of the three which needed a reply. And I haven't deleted a message I've received since I first signed up so I've not deleted any others you sent about Ryan.

(08-01-2010 05:49 AM)Technoman Wrote:  Ryan responded and Banned me until August 2 2010  and all he said is go relax little boy

You know as well as I do that he didn't phrase it like that.

(08-01-2010 05:49 AM)Technoman Wrote:  Again whom are we supposed to talk with about our issues or concerns when it invloves other staffers treating memebers the way they are when our PM's never get a responsed to and then we get banned to asking Staff in Pm to whats going on....

There's a new forum in the MyBB.com forum where you can only view your own threads, you can use that now.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 09:01 AM by MattR.)
08-01-2010 08:43 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
MattR

I didn't recieve 1 reply to the 4 which I do recall sending you, I took the time and energy and remember I sent 2 concering Bob at a different time and 2 concering Ryan at a later time and you didnt  reply in regards to my PMS's concering yoru Staff as you requested that we do PM you if we had problems correct?

I did get however 1 PM from you something else about how you were supposed to get back to us statting you will have answers in the morning at the time and again never recieved anything afterwards explaining to us what youwere even talking about. Well (A) I wouldnt get any PM's if your sending any NOW  as Im Banned currently cause I posted about how MyBB needs to fix the current errors and bugs before heading to the futur of relaese! MattR ( i think you do recall that post ) and yoru Staff including yourself didint like when someone a member espcially calls out your own bluff then Ryan didint like that post cause i called the bluff and then I recieved a PM message from him concering that post and then he said good luck child and banned me!
[Image: technomanpost.jpg]

I got banned for this post  (your kidding me right Ryan Gordon )?

here is MattR and all the Staff attacking me after this post .... its like I touched a nerve

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74269-p...http://community.mybb.com/thread-74269-post-542259.html

If you notice People its only the Staff attacking me after writting my very own personal oppion!
Remember people anyone except (MattR and Ryan Gordon) on MyBB is NOT entitled to have oppions.
MattR your whole Staff is all like a pack wolves ready to jump down our throats  ... Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 09:26 AM by Technoman.)
08-01-2010 09:03 AM
MattR Offline
Technoman, I have got 4 PMs in my sent box that I sent to you and they appear in my tracking as being read. As regards to the one about me saying I'd get back to you in the morning, overnight Bob was removed from the team; did you want me to send you a PM simply stating he'd been removed if you could see that already?? That was all it would have contained in the end and I doubt you'd have had much to say about the matter after that.

And why do you think you got banned for that post?? As I said, I wasn't involved in your banning, but we've explained why we're not going to fix every single ticket before we release; what I don't get about this sort of thing that if it's the decision we want to take, that won't affect you in any big way, I don't know why it needs to be argued about so furiously as everything ends up being. Look through the list of unresolved bugs, how many of them will fundamentally limit use of 1.6, and how many are worth delaying the release for?? Not to mention some things there are still planned to be fixed for Gold I believe.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2010 09:32 AM by MattR.)
08-01-2010 09:22 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools