Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Can thread fields define thread title?
Sama34 Offline
Can thread fields define thread title?
Can for example, a thread field define the thread title?

I want to add a thread field like this:

Code:
Which version this app is?
Other

The title must be this:

Code:
onefield: otherfield | 1.0 [otherfield]

Other question, if I move a thread that was wrote in a not xthread powered subforum to one that use xthreads necessary fields, what will happen? (and vice verse)

Edit:
Another one, Im using the "MyBB Parser Options" with mycode and img activated, but in "Display Format" I write:

Code:
[align=center][img]{VALUE}[/img][/align]<br/>

But nothing happens, it only shows the image link as a actual link :-/

Another one, when quick editing a thread, xthread fields are not show, is there a solution for this?

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 05:18 PM by Sama34.)
10-21-2011 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Can thread fields define thread title?
(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Can for example, a thread field define the thread title?

The title must be this:

Code:
onefield: otherfield | 1.0 [otherfield]

Edit your templates like showthread and put the thread fields in where the title is.

(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Other question, if I move a thread that was wrote in a not xthread powered subforum to one that use xthreads necessary fields, what will happen? (and vice verse)
Move thread to a forum where a field is required:
- the required field will just be blank (that is, violate the assumption of it being required); ideally the moderator who moved it should fill in the missing information
- BTW, this is the same if you add a required thread field to a forum which already has threads in it

For other move operations, all the extra thread field data remains in-tact, however they won't be shown and appear to have been removed.  For example:
Forum A has no thread fields
Forum B has field C
If you move a thread from B to A, it will look like the field C data is gone.  However if you then move the thread back to forum B, the value for C will still be there.

(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Another one, Im using the "MyBB Parser Options" with mycode and img activated, but in "Display Format" I write:

Code:
[align=center][img]{VALUE}[/img][/align]<br/>

The Parser option only affects the {VALUE} component (as well as {VALUE$1} type subcomponents).  Thus your Display Format should be in HTML.

(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Another one, when quick editing a thread, xthread fields are not show, is there a solution for this?
It won't do that, just like you can't edit title, attachments, posting options etc from the quick edit box, unfortunately.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 08:26 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
10-21-2011 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sama34 Offline
(10-21-2011 08:22 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Edit your templates like showthread and put the thread fields in where the title is.

Yes, the thing is that I want the forum urls to have the title, because I use google seo plugin Erf

Thank you about the moving threads issue explanation btw Smile

(10-21-2011 08:22 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  The Parser option only affects the {VALUE} component (as well as {VALUE$1} type subcomponents).  Thus your Display Format should be in HTML.

Alright thanks.

(10-21-2011 08:22 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  It won't do that, just like you can't edit title, attachments, posting options etc from the quick edit box, unfortunately.

I mean, once I save the thread after quick editing it, the fields are not show.

Maybe I can remove quick editing for those forums as a solution.

Another thing, the only forum in my site that uses one xThreads application doesn't want to appear in the forum list in the index or forumdisplay pages.

I have checked the permissions but everything looks to be fine, it is not a theme problem as well (I can enter the forum using the url).

Do you know what can the issue be? I ask you this because it looks to be related to xThreads in some way.

10-21-2011 10:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
(10-21-2011 10:33 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  I mean, once I save the thread after quick editing it, the fields are not show.
Do you put it inside the post body?

HTML Code
<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
	{$post['message']}
</div>

(10-21-2011 10:33 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Another thing, the only forum in my site that uses one xThreads application doesn't want to appear in the forum list in the index or forumdisplay pages.

I have checked the permissions but everything looks to be fine, it is not a theme problem as well (I can enter the forum using the url).

Do you know what can the issue be? I ask you this because it looks to be related to xThreads in some way.
Maybe you can try to re-check the Hide Forum setting (under XThreads Options in the create/edit forum page) for that forum?

10-22-2011 02:44 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(10-21-2011 10:33 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Yes, the thing is that I want the forum urls to have the title, because I use google seo plugin Erf
Well, you're either going to have to get users to post threads in a certain format, or modify Google SEO to make its URLs based on the thread fields.
There isn't really any other nice way to do that.

My Blog
10-22-2011 09:27 AM
Sama34 Offline
(10-22-2011 02:44 AM)RateU Wrote:  Do you put it inside the post body?

HTML Code
	{$post['message']}
</div>

Yes, this is what I have:

HTML Code
					{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddcover']}
					<ul>{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddname']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddcategory']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddgenre']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddsize']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddlengh']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddaudio']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddsubs']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddquality']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddvformat']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddavideo']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddresolution']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddpass']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['dduploader']}</ul>

{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddcaps']}

{$post['message']}
				</div>

(10-22-2011 02:44 AM)RateU Wrote:  Maybe you can try to re-check the Hide Forum setting (under XThreads Options in the create/edit forum page) for that forum?

Yes, the setting is set as "No".

(10-22-2011 09:27 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Well, you're either going to have to get users to post threads in a certain format, or modify Google SEO to make its URLs based on the thread fields.
There isn't really any other nice way to do that.

I suppose I can archieve the same using this:

HTML Code
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$mybb->user['username']}' Profile" tabindex="1" readonly="readonly" />

Replies are disabled and threads need approving anyways haha...

10-22-2011 10:54 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(10-22-2011 10:54 AM)Sama34 Wrote:  Yes, this is what I have:

HTML Code
					{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddcover']}
					<ul>{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddname']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddcategory']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddgenre']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddsize']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddlengh']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddaudio']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddsubs']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddquality']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddvformat']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddavideo']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddresolution']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddpass']}{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['dduploader']}</ul>

{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['ddcaps']}

{$post['message']}
				</div>

Try to put it outside the post body.

(10-22-2011 10:54 AM)Sama34 Wrote:  Yes, the setting is set as "No".
Check whether you have a template_prefix_forumbit_depth2_forum ?

10-23-2011 02:12 AM
Sama34 Offline
(10-23-2011 02:12 AM)RateU Wrote:  Try to put it outside the post body.

I think that will be the best I get, thanks Tongue

(10-23-2011 02:12 AM)RateU Wrote:  Check whether you have a template_prefix_forumbit_depth2_forum ?

Nope Erf

I just did the Youtube Gallery application some weeks ago, but now it disappeared :\

10-23-2011 11:15 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(10-23-2011 11:15 AM)Sama34 Wrote:  I just did the Youtube Gallery application some weeks ago, but now it disappeared :\

And some weeks ago, was it viewable in your forumlist?

10-24-2011 05:00 AM
Sama34 Offline
(10-24-2011 05:00 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(10-23-2011 11:15 AM)Sama34 Wrote:  I just did the Youtube Gallery application some weeks ago, but now it disappeared :\

And some weeks ago, was it viewable in your forumlist?

Yes, it was. IDK what changed.

10-24-2011 07:24 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools