Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Can thread fields define thread title?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Can thread fields define thread title?
(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Can for example, a thread field define the thread title?

The title must be this:

Code:
onefield: otherfield | 1.0 [otherfield]

Edit your templates like showthread and put the thread fields in where the title is.

(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Other question, if I move a thread that was wrote in a not xthread powered subforum to one that use xthreads necessary fields, what will happen? (and vice verse)
Move thread to a forum where a field is required:
- the required field will just be blank (that is, violate the assumption of it being required); ideally the moderator who moved it should fill in the missing information
- BTW, this is the same if you add a required thread field to a forum which already has threads in it

For other move operations, all the extra thread field data remains in-tact, however they won't be shown and appear to have been removed.  For example:
Forum A has no thread fields
Forum B has field C
If you move a thread from B to A, it will look like the field C data is gone.  However if you then move the thread back to forum B, the value for C will still be there.

(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Another one, Im using the "MyBB Parser Options" with mycode and img activated, but in "Display Format" I write:

Code:
[align=center][img]{VALUE}[/img][/align]<br/>

The Parser option only affects the {VALUE} component (as well as {VALUE$1} type subcomponents).  Thus your Display Format should be in HTML.

(10-21-2011 03:37 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Another one, when quick editing a thread, xthread fields are not show, is there a solution for this?
It won't do that, just like you can't edit title, attachments, posting options etc from the quick edit box, unfortunately.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 08:26 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
10-21-2011 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can thread fields define thread title? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 10-21-2011 08:22 PM

Standard Tools