Site Suggestions?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Site Suggestions?
(06-15-2010 11:01 AM)sept Wrote:  
(06-15-2010 08:19 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks for the compliment.
I think I've mentioned before that I really don't mind giving out admin, or even FTP, accounts and letting people do what they want here (within reason) as long as I get to keep my little section.  So if you want to "clean" something up, just say so.
Or if you think you have a good idea about something, please feel free to make any suggestions here: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=310

Thanks.

by clean I was talking about like may be installing a new theme, fixing those top link inages then modifying the plugin forum to a better view with xthread..
Oh okay, thanks.
So do you or anyone else want to do this?
Ta.

My Blog
06-15-2010 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sept Offline
(06-15-2010 02:39 PM)RateU Wrote:  I've split and merged the thread, Sept Smile

no prob mate... Biggrin

(06-15-2010 04:40 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(06-15-2010 11:01 AM)sept Wrote:  
(06-15-2010 08:19 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks for the compliment.
I think I've mentioned before that I really don't mind giving out admin, or even FTP, accounts and letting people do what they want here (within reason) as long as I get to keep my little section.  So if you want to "clean" something up, just say so.
Or if you think you have a good idea about something, please feel free to make any suggestions here: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=310

Thanks.

by clean I was talking about like may be installing a new theme, fixing those top link inages then modifying the plugin forum to a better view with xthread..
Oh okay, thanks.
So do you or anyone else want to do this?
Ta.

ya sure,I am ready to help....
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2010 06:06 PM by sept.)
06-15-2010 06:05 PM
xseoer Offline
Out
???
Where is my post?
07-23-2010 10:55 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Bump - new suggestions welcome.  I'm at least interested in hearing what people think, even if I'm totally against the suggestion.

My Blog
11-05-2010 01:17 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
It would be neat if we could have an uploads area for the members - of course it would be specifically for XThreads mods. There are a fair few neat plugins by RateU lying around in the XThreads examples, and its a shame that not everyone knows they are there.

I'm still keen on learning more about php and other relevant things - maybe Ajax and Javascript. I am learning slowly, but it would be nice to have a knowledge base or something - built on XThreads - to share what we know. Imagine a forum based wiki type thing.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
11-05-2010 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Imran Offline
A Request Area ? (where people request plugins)

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
11-05-2010 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
(11-05-2010 04:37 PM)Imran Wrote:  A Request Area ? (where people request plugins)

You mean plugins for XThreads right? I mean there are already many places where you can request any old plugin. I think as we all use XThreads more and more we will maybe think of some more neat plugins etc to enhance things on our forums.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
11-05-2010 07:59 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(11-05-2010 01:24 PM)leefish Wrote:  It would be neat if we could have an uploads area for the members - of course it would be specifically for XThreads mods. There are a fair few neat plugins by RateU lying around in the XThreads examples, and its a shame that not everyone knows they are there.
Originally that forum was meant for that, but it seems people just tacked other uses for it, so I let it stick.
Maybe a stickied thread could be enough for a list though.

(11-05-2010 01:24 PM)leefish Wrote:  I'm still keen on learning more about php and other relevant things - maybe Ajax and Javascript. I am learning slowly, but it would be nice to have a knowledge base or something - built on XThreads - to share what we know. Imagine a forum based wiki type thing.
Hmm, so how do you think a Wiki would help?

My Blog
11-05-2010 11:07 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
(11-05-2010 11:07 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(11-05-2010 01:24 PM)leefish Wrote:  It would be neat if we could have an uploads area for the members - of course it would be specifically for XThreads mods. There are a fair few neat plugins by RateU lying around in the XThreads examples, and its a shame that not everyone knows they are there.

Originally that forum was meant for that, but it seems people just tacked other uses for it, so I let it stick.
Maybe a stickied thread could be enough for a list though.

That would be good - with links to the post where they can be found.
(11-05-2010 11:07 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(11-05-2010 01:24 PM)leefish Wrote:  I'm still keen on learning more about php and other relevant things - maybe Ajax and Javascript. I am learning slowly, but it would be nice to have a knowledge base or something - built on XThreads - to share what we know. Imagine a forum based wiki type thing.

Hmm, so how do you think a Wiki would help?

Well, I think we could set up an XThreads wiki - to show off what XThreads can do (like the whole "wiki" would be an XThreads implementation). The "wiki" would be made out of first posts and posts maybe. I read the manual over at http://www.php.net/ and in the comments there are often nifty things.

We could do something like that here - like how to add a switch statement in a plug in, or how to get certain info out of an SQL query that is handy in MYBB plugins.  Many snippets on the web need a bit of tweaking to get right for MYBB usage. A more ambitious article would be about adding a custom page- without a custom page plugin, just making it ourselves - I don't mean some kind of static page, but one with a header and footer and able to handle variables (like queries from the DB etc).

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
11-06-2010 02:38 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(11-06-2010 02:38 AM)leefish Wrote:  That would be good - with links to the post where they can be found.
Cool.  If someone's willing to make a list, I'll sticky it Tongue

(11-06-2010 02:38 AM)leefish Wrote:  Well, I think we could set up an XThreads wiki - to show off what XThreads can do (like the whole "wiki" would be an XThreads implementation). The "wiki" would be made out of first posts and posts maybe. I read the manual over at http://www.php.net/ and in the comments there are often nifty things.

We could do something like that here - like how to add a switch statement in a plug in, or how to get certain info out of an SQL query that is handy in MYBB plugins.  Many snippets on the web need a bit of tweaking to get right for MYBB usage. A more ambitious article would be about adding a custom page- without a custom page plugin, just making it ourselves - I don't mean some kind of static page, but one with a header and footer and able to handle variables (like queries from the DB etc).
So you don't really mean "wiki" (from my understanding, the core principle of wiki is allowing anyone to edit it), rather, some sort of article system, or in other words, just a glorified first post?
I still think an index is suffice for this kinda stuff though >_>

The other thing you're referring to - this? http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=387

My Blog
11-06-2010 09:36 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools