What is the legal age to run a site?
Harry Offline
RE: What is the legal age to run a site?
(06-28-2010 07:24 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Contracts don't need to be signed.  At least in Australia (which should have similar laws to that of the US), the statutory definition of a contract is an agreement - it does not have to be in writing.  Written and signed contracts are just easier to prove in a court of law, than, say, verbal contracts, but as far as the legal system is confirmed, buying a product from a store is a contract just like signing an employment contract.  A defence against enforcing a contract, can be that one of the parties are unable to fully understand the contract, etc, but being a minor does not exempt you from enforcement.

Anyway, if the people said they weren't minors, would you agree to do business with them?

In the USA it has to be signed. Nothing is binding unless it is signed here. You go to court with no signed contract you have no case.

Would depend on who, what, and where it is. I am not gonna lie. As you know i do business with IPS. Most likely i would do what i do at my one forum when i am not sure. I would request some documentation proving they were not a minor if in doubt and i really needed it. BTW.. As you know the forum is a weather forum and we run offers for those in the business and thus Meteorologist and they get a badge identifying them as such on the forum. To get that badge they have to submit a copy of their college  Degree, ID etc to us. Have a couple of hundred that has done so. I actually do this on my MYBB forum as well. All the sites in my niche do.
06-29-2010 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the legal age to run a site? - Harry - 06-29-2010 08:34 AM

Standard Tools