Poll: What do you think should be done with Bob Jansen
He should be removed from the staff
He should be promoted for his behavior
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen
(07-15-2010 05:18 PM)MattR Wrote:  If you go into a supermarket and someone stacking the shelves does something you don't like, do you go into the middle of the store, shout out what they did to everybody and demand they get fired?? No, you take the issue privately to the relevant figures of authority.
Don't want to sound smug, but actually, that's one way of sorting things out, and potentially gets around issues of bureaucracy or authoritative figures being ignorant Tongue
If that doesn't work, you can go to the media (the whole purpose of which, is to get even more people to know about it XD).
Of course, if the person complaining is unreasonable, then they're publicly shaming themselves.  On the other hand, in the case of the media, they do have an incentive to distort to get a story.  Eh, that's the way the world works.  Democracy is a fun system.

I've probably already said this, but I think your policies in unapproving everything (as well as over-use of locking) isn't the smartest idea.  What's wrong with allowing open debate?  Censorship gives a negative connotation around the place, and this thread clearly demonstrates it.

My Blog
07-15-2010 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll to express opinions concerning Bob Jansen - ZiNgA BuRgA - 07-15-2010 07:34 PM

Standard Tools