Chance for a new 'Admin Post Editing' 1.8 ?
MrBrechreiz Offline
RE: Chance for a new 'Admin Post Editing' 1.8 ?
Here is my version (for 1.8.6) Wink

Attached File(s)
.php  adminpedit.php (Size: 7.53 KB / Downloads: 451)
12-15-2015 02:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DerVVulfman Offline
Hey, thanks for the reply.  It's pretty close to Zinga's system I can see, and some of the warnings are in German.  Hey, whatever...  Anyone who previously used it would understand that the first warning (line 149) originally rendered "The specified username could not be found!"  And the second batch of warnings for the IP address (lines 162 and 165) both read as "Invalid IP specified".

It works too.  Oh, I gotta remember my timezone and the 18000 (EST Timezone) difference with the Unix timestamp, but I dealt with that before anyway.  And there's the option to add non-registered member usernames too.  

The only issue I have is that I see two Admin Options windows that have the data entry fields, one on top of the other:
+------------------------------------------------+
| Admin options                                  |
|   Edit Timestamp:       _______________        |
|   Post User:            _______________        |
|   Post IP:              _______________        |
| Admin options                                  |
|   Edit Timestamp:       _______________        |
|   Post User:            _______________        |
|   Post IP:              _______________        |

This was weird.   Oh, and only the bottom one works.  The one by Sama34 didn't show a double window, so I wonder what could it be.  *shrugs*

STILL... this works! Yipi

So why didn't the other 4 who downloaded this before me reply? Ouch Tongue Zzz

EDIT:  Okay, changes do NOT occur immediately for the whole forum.  Changing the timestamp in the bottom window DOES change the timestamp 'within' the post itself, but not throughout the forum... not the board or index (and subsequently not the forum stats window).  I've had to use BOTH windows to change the timestamp, and even return to re-full-edit the post to hit 'save' again.  After the second or third save, the change to the datestamp does work throughout the forum.  But not on the first edit/save.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2015 04:58 PM by DerVVulfman.)
12-27-2015 09:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrBrechreiz Offline
I myself have it in use and have been no problems with it.
01-12-2016 06:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DerVVulfman Offline
It must have been something corrupted in the upload.  I re-downloaded it and then re-uploaded, and it now works EXACTLY as ZiNgA BuRgA's original version.

To celebrate, I give you this ZIP version with ye classic file structure and a Readme Yipi

.zip  adminpedit.zip (Size: 3.32 KB / Downloads: 445)

This can be closed, though I do welcome Sama34 to continue working on his version.  It was visually appealing.
01-12-2016 01:56 PM
Sama34 Offline
I will basically add a text box and a form to generate the time stamp if desired, at some point.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
01-14-2016 05:07 PM
Sama34 Offline
I just published my version, it seems to work fine now, I reverted to a simple input for the time stamp and the IP field now works. Fixed some bugs I noticed as well.
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=647

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
01-18-2016 05:51 PM
DerVVulfman Offline
Rather odd scenario, posting after all this time.  But I started the thread, so here goes.........

The version by MrBrechreiz works fine, except it is limited in regards of IP addresses.  That is to say, it can handle IPv4 addresses, but not the new IPv6 addresses that are now becoming common place.  Other than that, still an entertaining system in that you can also edit names of posters that re not part of the forum's membership (ie add Guest names).

If it were possible to add IPv6 to MrBrechreiz's version, great!

I went to Sama's github to request the Guest Name editing function.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2019 03:33 PM by DerVVulfman.)
05-16-2019 03:32 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools