XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2297)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,327
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: XThreads
Sweet thanks.

My Blog
08-21-2012 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scois0n Offline
Dis here... amazing stuff Rules
09-12-2012 09:32 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Updated to v1.60 - this is a relatively big update which I'm too lazy to test extensively:
  • rearrange the custom thread field edit page (just so I can piss everyone off)
  • add Input Formatter option for custom thread fields; similar to Display Format, but applied at input time as opposed to output
  • add Custom Input Error option to allow a custom conditional to validate a thread field
  • add support for multi-valued file inputs
    • the interface currently provides no way to "update" (change, retaining download counts) specific files - you can only delete and add; as for non-multi-valued file inputs, you can only replace, unless it's not required, where you can delete, submit, then add to reset the download count
    • sorting attachments is only possible if Javascript is enabled
    • the input HTML for file fields has drastically changed - if you're using a custom Input HTML for any file fields, you will need to update them!
  • duplicate filename check for xtattachments removed - note that this means that users can upload multiple copies of the same file to a single thread, as well as multiple copies of the same file to a single multi-valued file input (in particular, when refreshing the submission page)
  • some tweaks to threadfield inputs, mainly some HTML5 validation additions
  • add option to limit the maximum number of values that can be entered in a multivalue field.  Primarily useful for limiting the number of files that can be attached to a multivalue file field.
  • <setvar> fix and function call fixes from Template Conditionals v1.7
  • more flexibility with variable array indexing / property accessing, eg stuff like {$var[strtoupper($something)]} is now possible; this is at the expense of not being able to use the '}' character anywhere in indexing
  • ability to reference thumbnails/dimensions in the file (image) input field's Display Format, through eg {THUMBS['320x240']['url']} (these also carry the flexibility of the above change)
  • templates created by XThreads are now installed into MyBB's "Master" template set; for existing installs (upgrades) the upgrader will remove the templates in the global template set if they appear to be unmodified
    • note that although they're now in the master template set, MyBB's find updated templates is tied to MyBB's version, so won't operate on XThreads templates
    • also the threadfields_inputrow template has been renamed to post_threadfields_inputrow, just to annoy everyone
  • XThreads will now also remove all xtattachments on the filesystem when uninstalled
  • add more threadfield filtering modes to forumdisplay filtering - eg you can now filter on threads that have the threadfield containing a certain value; for upgrading, threadfields that have filtering enabled will be set to "Exact match" mode
  • filtering threadfields with non-text datatypes, as well as special filters (uid, prefix etc) now support extended operations, such as greater-than, between etc. See the add/edit threadfield page in the ACP for more info
  • fix bug where some default forumdisplay sorters (such as sort by prefix) would not work if no threadfields were defined for the forum (thanks to InfraWorld for finding)
  • fix bug where admin permissions could get messed up if they're being inherited (thanks to asmile for reporting)
  • if you're not using MyBB's multipage templates in forumdisplay for paging (for example, you're using a 'older posts' link in a forumdisplay template), you can now append XThreads' filtering URL params more easily - just replace instances of {$page_url} with {$page_url}{$page_url_xt} (thanks to brad-t for the hint)
  • add support for complex thumbnail generation routines.  You can now define how a "thumbnail" (which you may decide to not even use as that) is generated by supplying a filter chain, eg "graythumb=downscale(100,75)->grayscale()" will generate a thumbnail, accessible via {$GLOBALS['threadfields']['key']['thumbs']['graythumb']} (thanks to brad-t for the suggestion)
    • note that comma is no longer a valid delimiter for specifying a list of thumbnail sizes (it never officially was anyway) - if you have commas already in the field, make sure to replace them with the pipe (|) character (the upgrader won't do this because I'm lazy)
    • see XThreads documentation for all the info about available functions and examples
  • fix WOL overrides for showthread/attachment/newreply which was broken by some version of MyBB 1.6.x (thanks to Gstone for finding)
  • fix for Plugins Manager and possibly other plugins (thanks to sulitnet and RateU for pointing out)
  • change the email text mask to be a bit more accurate; existing fields with the mask set to 'Email Address' will get changed to the new 'Email Address (restrictive)' mask, which disallows a few special characters, but is less restrictive than the old 'Email Address' mask
  • display thread fields in showthread by default, controllable through a thread field setting; the 'Hide Input Field' setting has been merged into this new 'Hide Thread Field' setting.  Upgrading: all existing thread fields will be set to be hidden on showthread to maintain old behaviour

My Blog
11-18-2012 08:11 PM
MrBrechreiz Offline
Thanks ZiNgA
11-18-2012 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WINBOY Offline
how to upgrade from 1.53?
pls help.
11-19-2012 06:36 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(11-19-2012 06:36 AM)WINBOY Wrote:  pls help.
No.

My Blog
11-19-2012 08:01 AM
Firefox Wins Offline
Wow, thanks.

(11-18-2012 08:11 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  ...
(the upgrader won't do this because I'm lazy)

If you are lazy, how did you finish such a big upgrade?
11-19-2012 05:20 PM
WINBOY Offline
After upgrade..I GOT THIS ERROR.
Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/....../public_html/cache/xthreads_evalcache.php on line 5
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 08:00 PM by WINBOY.)
11-19-2012 07:18 PM
MrBrechreiz Offline
how did you upgraded?
11-19-2012 07:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WINBOY Offline
first i had deactivate than upload file through plugin uploader.
But after this i cant able to creat new thrwad without filling all field and after creating thread giving above error.
what to do now?
11-19-2012 07:47 PM